+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: QPR Post Match Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by MillersTime View Post
    First half against Swansea we were poor, losing HT. Better second half, drew the half
    Last night first half, poor, losing HT. Second half we played a lot better, won the half

I could go back further, the idea that we are playing to the best of our ability simply isn't accurate to me as we only are for parts of the game where we generally do quite well. All teams have ups and downs in games but not one half and the other.
    We are winning the second halves because the original Warne tactics and plans have to be abandoned

I'm not convinced about winning the second halves opinion
    Both Swansea and QPR were already in front and they will have known we are not renowned for comebacks so all they had to do was some game management

If we were level at HT or sneaked a goal to go into the dressing room in front and then we had the better of the second half then that would carry more credence

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    I'm not convinced about winning the second halves opinion
    Both Swansea and QPR were already in front and they will have known we are not renowned for comebacks so all they had to do was some game management

If we were level at HT or sneaked a goal to go into the dressing room in front and then we had the better of the second half then that would carry more credence
    Merely suggesting that when we play better we hold our own in terms of not losing the half. I take your point about tangibles in that we are losing so the other team may play different in the second half. You are no doubt correct to a degree but our better performances are having an impact. To what degree is a fair unknown.

....just seen Bournemouth on Quest, think we'll do well to get a point. Their front 3 will go thro us with pace............UTM.

Quote Originally Posted by avondalemiller View Post
    ....just seen Bournemouth on Quest, think we'll do well to get a point. Their front 3 will go thro us with pace............UTM.
    Yes, they're quick so in that respect we need to kick them up in the air a few times and give them one or two ankle taps to slow them down a little. 👍

Quote Originally Posted by Godsend.F.C. View Post
    Yes, they're quick so in that respect we need to kick them up in the air a few times and give them one or two ankle taps to slow them down a little. ��
    Godsend, have you text PW with the masterplan?

Quote Originally Posted by avondalemiller View Post
    The thing is if we do this we will have someone sent off, there’s a good chance this will happen on Saturday

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678