+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Interesting Covid statistic

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    A genuinely pathetic analogy to try to draw. You've gone down in my opinion with that one.

Lockerbie happened as a one off disaster, Covid could have been planned for, could have been managed and its effects could have been significantly less than they have been. It was managed very, very badly from before it even sprang up.

However, some (not enough mind) lessons were learned from Lockerbie, let's hope serious lessons are learned from Covid.
    Lesson I've learned is people do not value freedom, like to be told what they can and cannot do and will believe anything MSM media tells them.

Not for me, being a health or care worker doesn't make someone vulnerable.

Thing to bear in mind is we've been told from day one that this virus lives on surfaces and can also be transmitted by aerosol. Vaccinating will not actually stop the virus spreading but will stop it thriving inside the bod0 - in theory eventually killing it off. Vaccinate health and care workers first and, according to the clever scientists, they can still carry the virus to vulnerable people in their care - how does that help?

Over 75 black and South East Asian descent people first, then all over 75, then over 65 black / SE Asian, then all over 65, then under 65 with underlying health conditions, then health / care workers. The health / care workers that are most vulnerable would be captured in those tranches.

I see those people as the priorities in that order but might have missed some out. After that do a steady and stable programme of vaccinating the rest - but only those that want it, we're a free society after all.

Aren't we?
    Thanks Deeranged for this thought. i have not heard anyone make this point that vaccination will not reduce the spread of the virus until everyone has had a vaccination. that's probably an oversimplification but it does make you think. Do health care workers, for example, who have either survived the virus or had a vaccination realise that they need to carry out the same hand washing etc routines?

A genuinely pathetic analogy to try to draw. You've gone down in my opinion with that one.

Lockerbie happened as a one off disaster, Covid could have been planned for, could have been managed and its effects could have been significantly less than they have been. It was managed very, very badly from before it even sprang up.

However, some (not enough mind) lessons were learned from Lockerbie, let's hope serious lessons are learned from Covid.
    Your constant nonsense about protecting 20million people by locking them away rather than eliminating the virus like plenty countries have done is tiring. But you're right, Johnson totally phukked the UK with his failed approach to covid so why not just go with that. I mean, do you think disabled people are running about the town, hitting the pubs and nightclubs?

Quote Originally Posted by Taintedice View Post
    Your constant nonsense about protecting 20million people by locking them away rather than eliminating the virus like plenty countries have done is tiring. But you're right, Johnson totally phukked the UK with his failed approach to covid so why not just go with that. I mean, do you think disabled people are running about the town, hitting the pubs and nightclubs?
    You can't eliminate the virus though, it will never be eliminated. All that will happen is it'll become endemic and we'll have it included in the annual vaccine we get to deal with all the other endemic viruses we know about.

Lock away the vulnerable and let the rest of us get on with it, I'll never sway from that stance, make tiers by susceptibility to serious illness not borderless geographical areas. Why are people that will never become seriously ill due to this virus being locked up, made unemployed and committing suicide? Inexplicable.

I won't just go with Boris phucking the UK because Nicola has done exactly the same to Scotland - we've had a DP phucking.

You can't eliminate the virus though, it will never be eliminated. All that will happen is it'll become endemic and we'll have it included in the annual vaccine we get to deal with all the other endemic viruses we know about.

Lock away the vulnerable and let the rest of us get on with it, I'll never sway from that stance, make tiers by susceptibility to serious illness not borderless geographical areas. Why are people that will never become seriously ill due to this virus being locked up, made unemployed and committing suicide? Inexplicable.

I won't just go with Boris phucking the UK because Nicola has done exactly the same to Scotland - we've had a DP phucking.
    He's a racist ****, better ignored.

Johnson's deliberate inaction in February is the root cause of the mess the UK has become, that isn't disputed by any serious commentator, even Peter Hitchens might agree with that locking up people permanently isn't a strategy anywhere in the world that I can think of, eliminating the virus is. An island nation with 2 months advance notice had no excuse. Anyway, why continue with this line, if the vaccines are effective, then it may become just like the flu, and we can all just get on with life.

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    He's a racist ****, better ignored.
    Triggered big time
    Last edited by Taintedice; 27-11-2020 at 01:47 AM.

Anyway, why continue with this line, if the vaccines are effective, then it may become just like the flu, and we can all just get on with life.
    It is just like the flu though - healthy people get it, they recover, they move on. Less healthy people get it they'll most likely recover, in rare cases they might get ill, in even rarer cases they might die with it as it worsens their existing conditions.

We'll know once all the disposables in care homes have been vaccinated if the vaccine works as they'll either not get Covid-19 because of the vaccine or they'll die because of the vaccine. Result for Sturgeon either way, they live she's a hero, they and die her and Boris' plan to reduce the elderly population, which is so draining of their resources, has worked.

It's not the flu, it's nothing like the flu, it is 10 times more contagious than the flu. 2000 people a day dying in America because of Trump doing nothing to stop it, including staff at care homes and hospitals. That happened here as well, strangely never because of flu. But you've gone full David Icke I see so I'll leave it there.

It's not the flu, it's nothing like the flu, it is 10 times more contagious than the flu. 2000 people a day dying in America because of Trump doing nothing to stop it, including staff at care homes and hospitals. That happened here as well, strangely never because of flu. But you've gone full David Icke I see so I'll leave it there.
    Why pretend Trump has done nothing to stop it?

If anyone has gone David Icke it would be you I'm afraid.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)