+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Interesting Covid statistic

Interesting Covid statistic

Just seen a very quickly, almost incidentally mentioned, statistic on TV there.

2/3 of Covid deaths have been disable people, that's before we take into account the over 75s, diabetics, people with existing health conditions not considered disabling etc.

This just confirms what sane and stable people have been saying from the start, should have locked down the vulnerable and let the fit and healthy get on with their lives instead of destroying the economy, costing jobs, increasing poverty and causing people to commit suicide because of mental health issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    Just seen a very quickly, almost incidentally mentioned, statistic on TV there.

2/3 of Covid deaths have been disable people, that's before we take into account the over 75s, diabetics, people with existing health conditions not considered disabling etc.

This just confirms what sane and stable people have been saying from the start, should have locked down the vulnerable and let the fit and healthy get on with their lives instead of destroying the economy, costing jobs, increasing poverty and causing people to commit suicide because of mental health issues.
    Sick to the pit of my stomach about what's going on in the UK and Scotland.

Very few spoke up and very few listened when people were warning of the dangers of accepting this utter bull****.

In 9 months we have went from a relatively free society to lockdowns, restrictions, possibly mandatory injections, freedom passes and waving at fifers from the other side of the Tay like Berliners at the wall.

It ****ing disgusts me that the media and "liberal" classes have went along with this for the jolly.

Budget statement today, ****ing pointless.....as until they admit they got this wrong there will continue to be lockdowns and tier system forevermore.

Little Hitler's destroying freedoms and liberties with impunity now......shame on them.

Golf out of bounds?

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    Sick to the pit of my stomach about what's going on in the UK and Scotland.

Very few spoke up and very few listened when people were warning of the dangers of accepting this utter bull****.

In 9 months we have went from a relatively free society to lockdowns, restrictions, possibly mandatory injections, freedom passes and waving at fifers from the other side of the Tay like Berliners at the wall.

It ****ing disgusts me that the media and "liberal" classes have went along with this for the jolly.

Budget statement today, ****ing pointless.....as until they admit they got this wrong there will continue to be lockdowns and tier system forevermore.

Little Hitler's destroying freedoms and liberties with impunity now......shame on them.
    I hear we're all getting different coloured arm bands that will define our 'Covid status' and there will be a new force called the Special Service (SS for short) who will be empowered to stop anyone and demand 'PAPERS!!' The PAPERS!! will be checked against the coloured arm band being worn and the official Covid database, any discrepancies will result in the individual being removed to new 'Covid Isolation Work and Recreation Camps', no short name has been devised for these camps however it's thought that something pertinent to the number, or concentration, of individuals that they designed to house might be adopted. Large shower blocks are being constructed in the camps and every person sent there will be showered and decontaminated prior to access to the camp, the level of decontamination required will be assessed on arrival by a senior SS representative. The camps will each sport large chimneys which will be there to remove the smoke produced by the solid fuel being burned to heat the camps.

Like I say, just what I hear.

Noticed that France has decided to prioritise vaccine differently. Health workers, care workers and teachers, first. Keep the economy going. Elderly looking after themselves by staying separate etc. Seems sensible?

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    Noticed that France has decided to prioritise vaccine differently. Health workers, care workers and teachers, first. Keep the economy going. Elderly looking after themselves by staying separate etc. Seems sensible?
    Not for me, being a health or care worker doesn't make someone vulnerable.

Thing to bear in mind is we've been told from day one that this virus lives on surfaces and can also be transmitted by aerosol. Vaccinating will not actually stop the virus spreading but will stop it thriving inside the bod0 - in theory eventually killing it off. Vaccinate health and care workers first and, according to the clever scientists, they can still carry the virus to vulnerable people in their care - how does that help?

Over 75 black and South East Asian descent people first, then all over 75, then over 65 black / SE Asian, then all over 65, then under 65 with underlying health conditions, then health / care workers. The health / care workers that are most vulnerable would be captured in those tranches.

I see those people as the priorities in that order but might have missed some out. After that do a steady and stable programme of vaccinating the rest - but only those that want it, we're a free society after all.

Aren't we?

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    Golf out of bounds?
    No, not at all.

Actually playing more.

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    I hear we're all getting different coloured arm bands that will define our 'Covid status' and there will be a new force called the Special Service (SS for short) who will be empowered to stop anyone and demand 'PAPERS!!' The PAPERS!! will be checked against the coloured arm band being worn and the official Covid database, any discrepancies will result in the individual being removed to new 'Covid Isolation Work and Recreation Camps', no short name has been devised for these camps however it's thought that something pertinent to the number, or concentration, of individuals that they designed to house might be adopted. Large shower blocks are being constructed in the camps and every person sent there will be showered and decontaminated prior to access to the camp, the level of decontamination required will be assessed on arrival by a senior SS representative. The camps will each sport large chimneys which will be there to remove the smoke produced by the solid fuel being burned to heat the camps.

Like I say, just what I hear.

Terrifying what's going on.

I think nothing is out of bounds to politicians that cannot believe they are getting away with this.

Danish study has pretty much proven masks do no good, WHO pretty much say lockdowns do no good.....but here we are 8 months and 2 weeks from "3 weeks to flatten the curve", 10 months from "1.5 million dead and 70 % of over 70s will be hospitalised", 3 weeks since "4000 per day dead by xmas" and people are still wandering about with flannells on their faces and swallowing any old ****e these politicians and mad control freaks throw at them.

Astonishing.

The Lockerbie bombing has been in the news a bit recently, but if they just ignored anyone who was over 65, or diabetics or had any sort of medical condition including any type of disability, or were POC, the death toll would come right down and everyone could just forget it ever happened. There were 3 lockerbies recorded in the UK today, out of interest.
    Last edited by Taintedice; 25-11-2020 at 06:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Taintedice View Post
    The Lockerbie bombing has been in the news a bit recently, but if they just ignored anyone who was over 65, or diabetics or had any sort of medical condition including any type of disability, or were POC, the death toll would come right down and everyone could just forget it ever happened. There were 3 lockerbies recorded in the UK today, out of interest.
    A genuinely pathetic analogy to try to draw. You've gone down in my opinion with that one.

Lockerbie happened as a one off disaster, Covid could have been planned for, could have been managed and its effects could have been significantly less than they have been. It was managed very, very badly from before it even sprang up.

However, some (not enough mind) lessons were learned from Lockerbie, let's hope serious lessons are learned from Covid.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)