+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: O/T Jims Cafe

O/T Jims Cafe

Found this whilst perusing the Sheffield Forum, personally don't know of it, any Madsters have the answer ?Name:  Screen Shot 2020-11-25 at 20.08.04.jpg
Views: 467
Size:  20.2 KB

You been fishing again Captain.!!!!

For my sins Archie, In my youth I spent a lot of my leisure time in Sheffield, and worked for a Sheffield company for 20 years so occasionally i do a bit of reminiscing on the Sheffield Forum. Its a pity we don't have an equivalent for Rotherham. I don't do facebook so the occasional foray into the past on MM fills a gap.

Quote Originally Posted by LincsMiller View Post
    For my sins Archie, In my youth I spent a lot of my leisure time in Sheffield, and worked for a Sheffield company for 20 years so occasionally i do a bit of reminiscing on the Sheffield Forum. Its a pity we don't have an equivalent for Rotherham. I don't do facebook so the occasional foray into the past on MM fills a gap.
    Tried https://www.facebook.com/groups/RotherhamIRememberWhen ?

Quote Originally Posted by Archiemiller View Post
    You been fishing again Captain.!!!!
    That wouldn't be MT by any chance??

Lincs, have to say I've never been in it but passed it often enough. If you can recall the zebra crossing down the bottom of Westgate, it is smack outside there. I'm not sure if it use to be an old curry house? If so I use to go in that.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Lincs, have to say I've never been in it but passed it often enough. If you can recall the zebra crossing down the bottom of Westgate, it is smack outside there. I'm not sure if it use to be an old curry house? If so I use to go in that.
    I knew the curry house Brin but don't recall seeing the cafe, but then Ive been left Rotherham a while now and tend to park at the other side of the Stadium

Quote Originally Posted by BramleyMiller58 View Post

That looks great BM, might have to change my attitude to facebook and bite the bullet !

Quote Originally Posted by LincsMiller View Post
    Found this whilst perusing the Sheffield Forum, personally don't know of it, any Madsters have the answer ?Name:  Screen Shot 2020-11-25 at 20.08.04.jpg
Views: 467
Size:  20.2 KB

Is Riverside Court part of Rotherham Councils area designated for redevelopment ?
    If so Jim's Cafe would have been offered new premises or maybe he decided to call it a day.

Used to be a curry house in the day that served one of the last Bombay duck before it was oulawed

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast