+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Score, scorers and virtual attendance predictions vs. Wealdstone 27.11.20 [NL]

Quote Originally Posted by SmiffyPie View Post
    What are you on about? Half-time is 15 minutes!

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    Ruben comes across as a lovely guy. I’ve lived overseas for 12 years and can only dream of conducting an interview in my second language the way he does here. We’ve had Nottingham-born players who are far less fluent in English.

Notts County 3 - 0 Wealdstone
    Wootton
    Sam (2)
    virt. att 3017

I'm not knocking Ruben or anyone who can speak a foreign language fluently, good for them, but wherever I've travelled throughout Europe I've found that most people speak English, not just to learn a language but as a necessity. I've been trying to learn Spanish for the last year but unless I travel who can I practice on? Because of TV, films, books, etc, Ruben will be using English for the rest of his life whereas a British person has no need at all to learn Ruben's Portuguese, unless he moves to Portugal.

I've told this tale before but a couple of years ago I was in Switzerland and while waiting at a ski-lift I heard a young couple talking in very good English. The boy sounded German and the girl French, it would appear neither spoke the other's language but both spoke English, it's now the universal language.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    That's the first time I think I've properly watched an interview with Ruben. He comes across as a really great guy and I found him really engaging. The same can be said for Kyle as well, they're a credit to themselves and the club.

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    That's the thing, it's not natural in fact you are the only one who has mentioned me (now twice!) on a score prediction thread. You have clearly overtaken Elite as my No1 stalker on here which is some feat.

I guess as long as it keeps you happy and it stops you talking about Covid (R.I.P Fake Dr Pedro) and you don't take the obsession any further then it's ok by me sweetheart xx
    Morning
    Mr X
    I'm sure mentioning someone's name isn't classed as stalking
    God knows how many times you have mentioned me in posts when sticking up for you BF (MM) , so I'm not sure who's the biggest stalker if mentioning names is regarded as stalking.
    As I say , you being the president of the Ardley fan club does entitle us (the pitch fork gang) to refer to you when raising a point with regards to your Messiah.
    It would be rude not to...
    As they say .......
    "Fool me once, shame on you , fool me twice, shame on me !"
    I'm just wondering how many times has the Messiah fooled you , he isn't fooling me any more.
    xxxx
    Last edited by PedroTheFisherman66; 27-11-2020 at 12:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SmiffyPie View Post
    What are you on about? Half-time is 15 minutes!
    Thanks for pointing that out to me Smiffy Pie
    We were great for 27 mins , if we look good in the warm up as well , please add on the required amount of time needed aswell.

Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheFisherman66 View Post
    Morning
    Mr X
    I'm sure mentioning someone's name isn't classed as stalking
    God knows how many times you have mentioned me in posts when sticking up for you BF (MM) , so I'm not sure who's the biggest stalker if mentioning names is regarded as stalking.
    As I say , you being the president of the Ardley fan club does entitle us (the pitch fork gang) to refer to you when raising a point with regards to your Messiah.
    It would be rude not to...
    As they say .......
    "Fool me once, shame on you , fool me twice, shame on me !"
    I'm just wondering how many times has the Messiah fooled you , he isn't fooling me any more.
    xxxx
    I can answer your question, it's you. It's definitely you, as the numbers and regularity show. You only had a short break when you were playing briefly NCM doctor. That was fun lol.

This is a score prediction thread after all and you still managed to mention me in all your posts.

If I'm the "President' as you say it is a bang average fan club, like many I want him out of the club if he fails to get us promoted this season. Doesn't sound the behaviour of a fan club president?

Anyway it's match day, let's hope hope for a victory although I predict a high scoring draw :/

P.S. If you put a nickname and then have to use brackets with the person's username in it, that's a real sign the nickname's not working chap. Bit of free advice.

Quote Originally Posted by LaxtonLad View Post
    I'm not knocking Ruben or anyone who can speak a foreign language fluently, good for them, but wherever I've travelled throughout Europe I've found that most people speak English, not just to learn a language but as a necessity. I've been trying to learn Spanish for the last year but unless I travel who can I practice on? Because of TV, films, books, etc, Ruben will be using English for the rest of his life whereas a British person has no need at all to learn Ruben's Portuguese, unless he moves to Portugal.

I've told this tale before but a couple of years ago I was in Switzerland and while waiting at a ski-lift I heard a young couple talking in very good English. The boy sounded German and the girl French, it would appear neither spoke the other's language but both spoke English, it's now the universal language.
    Great you broaden your horizons mate but what's your point?

Whats your favourite place around Nottingham......Nandos.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast