+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Deid - Argentinian Football Legend

Quote Originally Posted by The Red Max View Post
    Scotland aside, the 78 World Cup was fantastic (Arie Haan's goals!!) and so I got the Argentina kit a la Kempes. Maradona was already receiving a lot of attention, almost making the World Cup winning squad at 17, and it's unbelievable that the cooncil tv providers didn't see fit to broadcast or record the Hampden game. For that reason I mind being at Codonas that sunny afternoon instead.
    I was due to be at Hampden, but my hangover ruled me out.

If memory serves me correctly* though, following several lunchtime hairs of several lunchtime dogs in the Tappit Hen, my return to the June sunshine of Union Street saw me surprised by a big Tim contingent at the kirkyard gates.

It transpired that an Orange Ordure parade was due to pass by. I stayed for the high jinks, obviously, suitably socially-distanced from the Kincorth Emerald and Mastrick Vatican Volunteers, and gave strong voice to my disapproval.

*stopped clock principle applied

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    I wasn't there but remember the "wonderkid" build up.

Now he's deid, bloody hell I'm getting old.
    No, Donsdaft you are NOT getting old... you already are old

https://www.theguardian.com/football...m-famous-photo

Stolen from the hat. Interesting story about one of his most iconic photos.

Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post
    I was due to be at Hampden, but my hangover ruled me out.

If memory serves me correctly* though, following several lunchtime hairs of several lunchtime dogs in the Tappit Hen, my return to the June sunshine of Union Street saw me surprised by a big Tim contingent at the kirkyard gates.

It transpired that an Orange Ordure parade was due to pass by. I stayed for the high jinks, obviously, suitably socially-distanced from the Kincorth Emerald and Mastrick Vatican Volunteers, and gave strong voice to my disapproval.

*stopped clock principle applied
    Wish I'd known about that! More fun to be had hurling abuse at the Orange fascists who'd mistaken Aberdeen for Larkhall than blowing dosh on the waltzers!

Quote Originally Posted by DonUnder View Post
    I was also there and even for a friendly it was a great watch. Scotland were actually quite good (not sure why i remember Iain Munro having a particularly good game?). But Argentina, and Maradona in particular, were a joy to watch. Strange but it was almost like it was staged as there was rumor of this 'wonderkid' and it was like a globetrotters set up.

I think it was just being in the presence of genius that made it seem fake.
    I recall at 3-0 down (before Bumper....I'm pretty sure....got the consolation) Dalglish getting booed by the Scots fans.

Quote Originally Posted by The Red Max View Post
    blowing dosh on the waltzers!
    As long as Dorothy had a good time, though.

Quote Originally Posted by sheepcrooky View Post
    https://www.theguardian.com/football...m-famous-photo

Stolen from the hat. Interesting story about one of his most iconic photos.
    I think it was obvious that it was down to angles, etc but it sums up the Nigels. They can't let it go. Even if he was a dick.

Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post
    As long as Dorothy had a good time, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    I'm too young to really appreciate Maradona so for me it has to be Zidane. As entertaining as you could get. Fat Ronaldo was one of the most exciting players around too. The Jonah Lomu of football.
    Amazon have recently released a documentary called " Diego Maradonna " which if you have Prime you can watch.

This documentary is an eye opener and is well worth a view.

Quote Originally Posted by arty View Post
    Amazon have recently released a documentary called " Diego Maradonna " which if you have Prime you can watch.

This documentary is an eye opener and is well worth a view.
    Can Amazon not spell his name correctly?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast