+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Diego Maradona has died.

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    How come this w anker below seems to know everybody and is the first to leave a tribute? Wish this liberal t wat would choke on a packet of Walkers!

."
    Al. Lineker is one of the reasons I’m not renewing my TV license when it expires. The BBC is full of overpaid liberal tw*ts like him and I’ve decided along with 1 million others in the last 12 months to cancel. I just don’t watch it so why pay for it?

No doubt a talented footballer, probably one of the most talented ever, but that doesn’t alter the fact that he was a nasty piece of work and a cheat. From what he himself said, he didn’t even think that there was anything wrong with cheating. Football would have been better had he never played the game. Sad to say, he won’t be missed.

Also, could somebody please put some superglue on Lineker’s crisps?

Quote Originally Posted by kettering_baggie View Post
    No doubt a talented footballer, probably one of the most talented ever, but that doesn’t alter the fact that he was a nasty piece of work and a cheat. From what he himself said, he didn’t even think that there was anything wrong with cheating. Football would have been better had he never played the game. Sad to say, he won’t be missed.

Also, could somebody please put some superglue on Lineker’s crisps?
    Not a big fan because of the hand of God thing (over that really though) more so because of his many other failings. To be fair how many of us, hand on heart, never cheated during a game of football! The drugs and his attitude is what really was a turn off for me. He had demons to fight and lost on many occasion to those demons. He has now departed this world and is hopefully rid of all his demons once and for all.

I am not to sure how he is such a hero and the football world are painting him as a great as he failed on so many fronts, however he was a talent, albeit a wasted one, and today’s media/society gush about all sorts of things that they would not have a few decades ago due to the age of social media.

He has gone end of........RIP.
    Last edited by Baggiemadguern; 26-11-2020 at 07:17 AM.

The world has gone mad!

Maradona’s body to lie in state Palace as country has 3 days of mourning. What is happening with society across the world for goodness sake.

André Villas-Boas wants # 10 to be ”retired” (and hence not used) in all international tournaments as a tribute to Maradona!!! FFS! 😳

The question is, would you want a son of yours having Maradona as a role model? I know that I certainly wouldn't. As many of you have stated, the world has gone mad. The next thing will be a clamour for him to be sainted. A very talented footballer but that's exactly where it ends! Again, we have our ridiculous media for all this nonsense.

Who cares eh, and yes I know that's a somewhat nasty and callus opinion, but I have absolutely NO respect for the man.
    And yes it does sicken me to hear Gary Lineker & Peter Reid (to name a few) who are now kissing his a*rse with their tributes.
    Cheat... cheat... cheat... that's how I choose to remember him!.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Who cares eh, and yes I know that's a somewhat nasty and callus opinion, but I have absolutely NO respect for the man.
    And yes it does sicken me to hear Gary Lineker & Peter Reid (to name a few) who are now kissing his a*rse with their tributes.
    Cheat... cheat... cheat... that's how I choose to remember him!.
    Agree entirely. Lineker and his ilk, along with the media are completely out of touch with the majority of football supporters, one of the reasons many are getting pissed off with it.

At the risk of disagreeing with many comments on here, he didn't have a monopoly on cheating. There's some awful gamesmanship and cheating going on every week in the Premier League. People seem to forget that. The real fault with that goal in Mexico laid with the ref and linesmen who were way to inexperienced for such a match and the awful decision not to rule a foul. One of you will remind me who it was but didn't I remember one of our players who was on the floor handling the ball in to the net v Villa a couple of seasons ago?

I'm not defending him in any way but it happens all the time. I think he probably was one of the most talented players to have ever played the game but yet another example of being given outrageous talent in one hand but being totally floored in his character and with life post football on the other hand.

I can't agree with you there Stripes, although your right of course about the present day where cheats prosper a lot more now.
    But as bad as it was when the ref & officials missed it in the WC match, it doesn't take the guilt away from him in the first place for doing such a cheating cowardly thing.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)