+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Maradona dies aged 60

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    All is not what it seems with Maradona

Heavily influenced by drug pushers when he got to Spain with no protection from his employers and led down the wrong path by the Mafia when he got to Naples.

Constantly fouled by defenders with challenges that wouldn't be allowed today.
    Then pumped full of drugs by club doctors to keep him going because he was a goldmine

When he was 18 his club at the time, Argentinos Juniors, went on exhibition tours abroad because fans wanted to see this wonder kid. The owner of the club didn't pay him though.

Putting the handball aside Maybe he was the victim and was seriously abused and this might explain some of his lifestyle choices.
    Sadly the people who took advantage of him contributed to his early demise
    Wouldn’t surprise me if the mafia owned him

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    Wouldn’t surprise me if the mafia owned him
    A familiar story. Young lad who just wanted to play football and was exceptional at it but didn't have the right people around him to guide him through life. PW would have never let it happen

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    A familiar story. Young lad who just wanted to play football and was exceptional at it but didn't have the right people around him to guide him through life. PW would have never let it happen
    PW would have sent him off to Carlisle

Good post that flourbasher..the documentary changed my view of him...

Quote Originally Posted by vespabri View Post
    Hi bri, hope you and mini vespa are good To go.
    The recent documentary about him certainly changed my mind about him as well, a right eye-opener.
    Last edited by CASPER-64-FRANK; 27-11-2020 at 04:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by vespabri View Post
    Hitler made some good documentaries about himself and the nazi party.

It’s an easily manipulated media source

Not so much angry with him over THAT goal. It was after all, an equalizer for the Falkland war.
    Surprised little was said about his team ruining the 1990 final with cynical tactics and petulant behavior. Not much silky football that game.
    Good player though.

Name:  1280px-Manodedios.jpg
Views: 113
Size:  83.9 KB

Maradona's death being investigated, the doctor who treated him as had his properties searched by authorities.

I can't help thinking that he only scored that goal of the century because he was playing England.
    In the interview with Lineker he alludes to that fact that English players are too nice and refused to foul him.

I don't think he would have got that far up the pitch if Argentina were playing Italy, Spain or someone like Uruguay

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast