+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Maradona dies aged 60

Maradona dies aged 60

Diego Maradona dies of a heart attack.

A brilliant footballer in his day but will be more remembered for the 'hand of god' cheat stunt he pulled on England.

He recently had successful brain surgery to remove a blood clot. He was at the time of his death being treated for alcohol dependency.

Always been a drug cheat, I recall him being sent home in the 94 World Cup. A big ban followed
    later for cocaine abuse. He will of course be referred to as a God in Argentina.

What do you think, Hero or villain?
    Last edited by Brin; 25-11-2020 at 04:58 PM.

Cheat

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Diego Maradona dies of a heart attack.

A brilliant footballer in his day but will be more remembered for the 'hand of god' cheat stunt he pulled on England.

He recently had successful brain surgery to remove a blood clot. He was at the time of his death being treated for alcohol dependency.

Hero or villain?
    Regardless of the things he did he was one of if not “The” greatest footballer to ever live. I’ll remember him for that today, even though he broke my heart in 86.

In terms of hero or villain, he was undoubtedly both!

The hand of God came down pointed at him and a booming voice said " it's your turn"

RIP Diego. No angel but who is?

Hand of God wouldn't have happened if it wasn't for Shilton 'flapping'. Even using a hand how can someone the size of Maradona get there before a 6'+ GK. The big shame was it came in the same game as 'that goal', also the same game Gary Lineker missed an absolute 'Ladapo' like sitter to take it to ET.

RIP Diego

Arguably in the top three greatest footballers of all time just edging out Lee Frecklington

Apart from the cheating at Mexico86 he,s a hero.
    In that match England couldn't stop him no matter how many players tried.
    Similar to our defenders trying to stop Bright Osayi Samuel last night. Just did what he liked

Cheat? Absolutely, best footballer in my lifetime? Absolutely.......R.I.P. Diego

Right up there with Pele, Eusebio, Bobby Charlton and Bobby Moore, names in my mind synonymous with footballing greats in my lifetime.

And but for last minute stinginess by the Blades board he would have signed for Sheffield United in 1978 for £200,000. !

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast