+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Maradonna Gone

I've been lucky enough to see Pele, Cruyff, Messi, Ronaldo (x2) etc. play live. For me Maradona was the best. RIP.

Quote Originally Posted by Bartlett's Dust View Post
    Is that actually a family bag of Bartlett's Dust???

‘Like a virgin’ & ‘express yourself’ were my personal favourites, I never really liked ‘vogue’ though !

Quote Originally Posted by HAPPYMAGPIEHAPPY View Post
    ‘Like a virgin’ & ‘express yourself’ were my personal favourites, I never really liked ‘vogue’ though !
    Are they things Jamie Fullarton said?

Great player everything else about him loathsome won't be missed. Not into idol worship.

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    Great player everything else about him loathsome won't be missed. Not into idol worship.
    I don't condone his misdemeanours inside or outside of football and I certainly didn't agree with many of his political views, but I think "loathsome" is too strong. Maradona was a product of his environment with all the good and bad things that brings.

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    I don't condone his misdemeanours inside or outside of football and I certainly didn't agree with many of his political views, but I think "loathsome" is too strong. Maradona was a product of his environment with all the good and bad things that brings.
    Each to their own mate. He's always someone that's split opinion and that can't be argued with that's for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    Only NCM could have a tribute thread to someone and spell their name wrongly.

Best player ever and his achievements on the pitch were only matched by the legendary amount of ching he shoved up his nose.
    Pele for me.

Unbelievable player and life. Many still discussing today do they forgive him for cheating. What a lot of English fans probably need to understand certainly from the point of south american teams doing so well is a lot of the players have that street mentality, fight for everything, being cute/crafty and having that passion to win at all costs. Does that make it right, possibly not, but if some of our players had that mental attitude with their ability we might have done something since 1966.

But Matt, but he would cheat , do anything at all costs to win. His Argentine teammates would cynically bring players down when the opponents are through on goal , they would dive, they would demand yellow and red cards. All the things you said you detested.

To me he's a football genius, his absolute love for football was there for all to see at any age , he was basically a big kid. An incredibly talented kid what he did off the field I didn't really care about most of the negative questionable stuff was well after he had finished playing. A lot of footballers go off the rails once they can't play.

Hand of God

Feet of God

Legend

RIP

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast