+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Maradonna Gone

Maradonna Gone

A bit of a cheat but what a player, football was a better place with you in it. R.I.P

Watched his documentry few months back some of the challenges he had were pure assault !

He'd destroy teams today with the protection they get.

Only 60 but im not shocked he has lived lets put it that way.

As you say we hate the handball but he was a great and a real legend of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by legs77 View Post
    Watched his documentry few months back some of the challenges he had were pure assault !

He'd destroy teams today with the protection they get.

Only 60 but im not shocked he has lived lets put it that way.

As you say we hate the handball but he was a great and a real legend of the game.
    All good points. I have to say my opinion of him changed for the better having seen that documentary.

Only NCM could have a tribute thread to someone and spell their name wrongly.

Best player ever and his achievements on the pitch were only matched by the legendary amount of ching he shoved up his nose.

The GOAT

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    Only NCM could have a tribute thread to someone and spell their name wrongly.

Best player ever and his achievements on the pitch were only matched by the legendary amount of ching he shoved up his nose.
    Tru dat

Great player
    Interesting and enjoyable documentary
    What a life

Could have played at Meadow Lane in the 1978/79 season had Sheffield United completed the agreed £200,000 deall and not signed the cheaper Alex Sabella instead.

Name:  FB_IMG_1606332198144.jpg
Views: 549
Size:  45.4 KB

When you start trying to compare players like Pele and Maradona, or for that matter Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo, it's a highly subjective judgement about which was or is greatest. The reason their names get mentioned in such debates is because they were/are all sublime footballers and great entertainers. Truly the elite of their respective eras.

Maradona's finest hour in the 1986 World Cup came when I was in my early secondary school years, beginning to get seriously into football but still with that relatively uncynical view of the world which comes with youth. As such, the Mexico 86 tournament has a kind of magical, fantasy-like quality in my memory that later tournaments do not, perhaps because it was the first one I could truly appreciate, and without question Diego Maradona was the star of that show, playing both hero and pantomime villain.

It's a sad day when we lose a footballer of that calibre. You don't get to see that many in a lifetime so it's important to appreciate them, enjoy the memories they leave, and forgive their flaws.

RIP Diego.

As a footballer his passing is a sad one, because he was right up there with the very best.

I'll leave it at that.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast