+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Boro hit three!

Boro hit three!

Another los but hopefully an end to any suggestion that Rooney could be manager? Frankly he is doing **** all as a player!

Unfortunately, as long as he's got a stake in the team selection, he's going to pick himself. Sunday league. I can't see us getting out of this mess whilst the current coaching staff are in place.

Aye...so much better without Cocu isn’t it?
    Seriously though...lose the next two against Wycombe and Coventry and whoever comes in is going to have a mountain to climb.

Time to call Chris Bonnington me thinks!

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Seriously though...lose the next two against Wycombe and Coventry and whoever comes in is going to have a mountain to climb.
    Lose the next 2 and I would think any take over, would go out the window.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    What did you expect? We still have the same dross as coaches! Makes me wonder what influence Cocu did have on tactics, player selection etc.

Quote Originally Posted by wessoram View Post
    Lose the next 2 and I would think any take over, would go out the window.
    Why? We were ****e when they started, and have been ****e since the first lockdown ended.

13 points from the first 5 games following the first lockdown but just 3 from the last 5. 16 points from 10 games wasn't relegation form, IMO.

The kindest thing I can find to say about last night's little "performance" is disappointing.

They started the better but we got into it a bit for 20 minutes or so. Box to box there were some good interchanges but way more moves fell by the wayside due to poor passing. Misdirected. Underhit. Overhit. A combination of misdirected plus underhit or overhit was frequent. Then we have the times players made wrong decisions and ended up losing the ball.

Start of the 2nd half we actually looked good. For the only time in the game we created a good chance leading to us playing into their box and, unfortunately, Sibs put it just wide. He had another 20 yarder which forced their keeper ino a good save. A Bird 20 yarder was just off target. A edge of the box shot from Lawro was soft and straight at the keeper. From a corner Wis got a rebound and couldn't stick it away and ended up, unintentionally, fouling the keeper. That was about it for chances. With the exception of the Sibley effort and the Wisdom 6 yard incident from a corner we were restricted to trying long shots from the second line. Not good enough.

Based on that showing, the R word is looming.

Marshall - Thanks to him it wasn't 6 or 7
    Byrne - Unless chasing a pass he always cuts inside to where there's no space. Suspect in defence needing to grab hold of his opponent almost every time.
    Wisdom - One of the better players, especially in an attacking sense making quite a few good runs.
    Clarke - Own goal we can't really blame him for but lost Assombalonga for their first. Apart from that, his usual standard
    Buchanan - One of the better players until Assomba taught him a lesson in guile causing young Lee to get a yellow and then kept looking for him, maybe to cause a 2nd..... his being subbed was a wise move. Hopefully he will have learned from the lesson Assom gave him.
    Rooney - Poor. I lost count of the poor passes. I lost count of how many times he was caught in possession and lost the ball. Shouldn't play on Saturday on that form. His giving the ball away started the move for one of their goals.
    Bird - Adequate. No more than that. Just about done enough to possibly keep the shirt.
    Jozwiak - Tries too hard and, in possession, is confronted with no decent outlet and either has to try and concoct something himself or play backwards.
    Knight - as busy as ever but also ploughing an outletless furrow.
    Lawrence - Looked the part for 20 minutes. After that...... not a lot except for giving the ball away for one of their goals and getting booked for..... well, we never saw it as it was an off the ball incident. Got away with a piece of petulance when he followed through on a Boro player in the 2nd half.
    Waghorn - his worst display of the season.

I'd drop, at the very least, Rooney, Lawrence and Waghorn.

Rooney.

76% pass success rate. 29% went left, 29% right 24% forwards, 18% backwards. Would I be overly critical were I to say a pass failure rate of 1 in 4 is poor.

28% cross success rate. Poor IMO.

Tackle success rate 50%. Defo not good.

Duels 60% won, idem ditto.

Yer man needs dropping.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)