+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: To Robin

To Robin

Robin - for the sake of preserving the site, I will depart.

I am clearly seen as the disruptive force, so I'll have to accept this.
    The alternative seems to be that I should just go along with views I don't agree with.
    I have always tried to support my opinions with facts, and I will not put up with being called a bully.
    As I said on another thread, I simply cannot see why me disagreeing with another poster is unacceptable, whereas it is perfectly okay for him to disagree with me.
    That is not logical.
    Here we are, apparently - after an influx of new signings, many absences, six clean sheets, some exciting performances, and the best scoring-record in the division - in a position where most of the players are crap and the manager is crap.
    If that is the view I have to go along with, for the sake of peaceful coexistence, it's not for me any more.

Thanks for your excellent job with the moderating over the years.
    I will continue to support Rovers in my own way, but I will just do it more privately.

Quote Originally Posted by AucklandRover View Post
    Robin - for the sake of preserving the site, I will depart.

I am clearly seen as the disruptive force, so I'll have to accept this.
    The alternative seems to be that I should just go along with views I don't agree with.
    I have always tried to support my opinions with facts, and I will not put up with being called a bully.
    As I said on another thread, I simply cannot see why me disagreeing with another poster is unacceptable, whereas it is perfectly okay for him to disagree with me.
    That is not logical.
    Here we are, apparently - after an influx of new signings, many absences, six clean sheets, some exciting performances, and the best scoring-record in the division - in a position where most of the players are crap and the manager is crap.
    If that is the view I have to go along with, for the sake of peaceful coexistence, it's not for me any more.

Thanks for your excellent job with the moderating over the years.
    I will continue to support Rovers in my own way, but I will just do it more privately.
    thats me and you robin, with brief appearances from alfy. may as well close the bloody site..

Aucks mate, as a neutral here Ive always liked and appreciated your replies to me when Ive posted on here.
    But obviously the arguments on here are none of my business, so I'll do my best to keep out of that.

I think Robin is sound, and has done a great job.

Personally I am not asking for anything. I have an issue with one person, and there are reasons for that. I don't have any issues with anyone else. And will miss chatting.
    But I will not miss being patronised.
    No issues with footballing opinions that differ.
    But do draw the line at some bloke asking me for the lottery numbers then claiming he is merley talking about football. *******s.

I dont agree, and will just walk away. Simple as that.
    For the record, I am NOT asking Aucks to.

I am the one with the problem, not him

Champs I have had a look at some of the recent posts and maybe not got the full vitriol of some but I believe you all have the right to your opinion but that is what it is, an opinion. You both hold good points so let us concentrate on those. Come on Rovers, we can beat this virus and replace Burnley.

Quote Originally Posted by test View Post
    Champs I have had a look at some of the recent posts and maybe not got the full vitriol of some but I believe you all have the right to your opinion but that is what it is, an opinion. You both hold good points so let us concentrate on those. Come on Rovers, we can beat this virus and replace Burnley.
    Cheers for the post Test. I agree, and will absolutely take that onboard.

Quote Originally Posted by champs95 View Post
    Cheers for the post Test. I agree, and will absolutely take that onboard.
    Yay 🍾

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)