+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Strange things that Managers say before or after a game

Strange things that Managers say before or after a game

Listening to Klopp last night after Liverpool lost in the Champions league he said

“The referee didn’t whistle a lot and that makes it even more difficult, for both sides. It was unbelievably tense and you need some breaks”.

Makes me wonder if modern Managers and players play the same game as i used to love with a passion. So much rubbish spoken about the game in my opinion. Anyone else heard anything recently that made them smile/cringe from people within the game?

That pro IRA film , Kenny showed the Eire team before the England game was disgusting and has no place in football.

A lot of them come out with clichés like, part and parcel, we take it on the chin and move on, a game of two halves. All the time rubbing their nose or sticking their fingers in their ear.
    Most of the things managers and players say and do make me cringe.
    Let's be honest, most of them were the dunce's at school with dandruff and a snotty nose.
    I always laugh when someone is described as having a football brain.😂
    If they weren't footballers most of them would have been lucky to get jobs as bog cleaners.😂😂
    So I never take much stock in what player's or manager's say.
    I do often wonder how they see the real world outside a football ground and if they get ripped off or set up.

Some interviews with footballers could be does as cruelty!

Reported that in his talk before a game v Sweden the Scottish manager told his team 'Watch out for the big blonde defender coming up when they have a corner!'

I know many of you don’t like the NFL but their analysis of games is on a level many miles above U.K. football.

They don’t f u c k about with platitudes and saying nice things just to stay in with their mates either.

I now watch 20 plus hours a week of NFL related content and ZERO football unless it’s a highlight of an Albion goal.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    I know many of you don’t like the NFL but their analysis of games is on a level many miles above U.K. football.

They don’t f u c k about with platitudes and saying nice things just to stay in with their mates either.

I now watch 20 plus hours a week of NFL related content and ZERO football unless it’s a highlight of an Albion goal.

Remind me Mick - when was there a highlight of an Albion goal? Will the welsh international get a highlight this year?

I can't get over when a sustitution is about to be made the assistant coaches are going through pages and pages of printed out formations with the sub - who looks like he doesn't give a s**t

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post

The barmaid in our local is an NFL fanatic, once the footy is finished she changes the channel to NFL games.
    She is also a Walsall fanatic and follows them home and away.... I'll leave it there.😏

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)