+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Bi Fab is a disaster and

Quote Originally Posted by Taintedice View Post
    You can have the position that Scotgov should intervene or they shouldn't intervene, you can't maintain both at the same time, doesn't make any logical sense. Attempting to save struggling companies is not about making a profit, it's about maintaining the capability these companies offer. Wait till it's direct rule from Westminster, nothing will be getting saved unless the company donates to the tory party.
    You made a fair point and then go and ruin the integrity of it by bringing in a dig about Tories. If you could just stop defending the SNP you might be able to help them to be a better go government for all Scots. Their obsession with independece isharming us all. I think politics is broken in Scotland. We don't need to make a decision about independence just now.

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    You made a fair point and then go and ruin the integrity of it by bringing in a dig about Tories. If you could just stop defending the SNP you might be able to help them to be a better go government for all Scots. Their obsession with independece isharming us all. I think politics is broken in Scotland. We don't need to make a decision about independence just now.
    Totally agree BCram. However with regard to your last statement 'We don't need to make a decision about independence just now' you're absolutely right we don't need to. However it also has to be asked why the Wasteminster government fears allowing such a decision being made right now.

I think now would be a great time to have Indy Ref II. Both sides are absolutely adamant it would fall their way but unionists fear what the outcome would be more than separatists. You have to ask why.

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    Totally agree BCram. However with regard to your last statement 'We don't need to make a decision about independence just now' you're absolutely right we don't need to. However it also has to be asked why the Wasteminster government fears allowing such a decision being made right now.

I think now would be a great time to have Indy Ref II. Both sides are absolutely adamant it would fall their way but unionists fear what the outcome would be more than separatists. You have to ask why.
    I'd say because those that want to remain British know that if we lost we couldn't just have another vote in 4 years or a generations time😁......SNP freaks would start campaigning for a third referendum in weeks if they lost.

Anyone who wants to give Herr Sturgeon more power to interfere with our lives is cuckoo.

I know you don't want the female supremacist in charge but she will be.

I note western isles have rejected the SNPs *** education policy....let's hope they start to reject the SNP as well.

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    I wasn't defending the SNP, I was making the case that you either support government intervention in failing businesses or you allow the business to fail. Prestwick, for example, what a disaster that would have been if it had closed down for the sake of what isn't really a great deal of money. As for the SNP obsession with independence, that's all in your head, it's actually the 'Scottish' tories who are utterly consumed by it to the point of ignoring what's coming on Jan 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    I'd say because those that want to remain British know that if we lost we couldn't just have another vote in 4 years or a generations time��......SNP freaks would start campaigning for a third referendum in weeks if they lost.

Anyone who wants to give Herr Sturgeon more power to interfere with our lives is cuckoo.

I know you don't want the female supremacist in charge but she will be.

I note western isles have rejected the SNPs *** education policy....let's hope they start to reject the SNP as well.
    But we'll always be British, Scotland is part of the British Isles isn't it?

But we'll always be British, Scotland is part of the British Isles isn't it?
    It is now but the name wud be changed....plenty of examples worldwide.

Even world famous institutions like dundee/harp/hibs/Utd.....change their name.

As long as an independent Scotland doesn't change its flag colour to a dayglo pink / tangy hybrid hue - oh wait, if Sturgeon's in charge maybe she'd think that would look just dandy as part of a rainbow based national flag?

As long as an independent Scotland doesn't change its flag colour to a dayglo pink / tangy hybrid hue - oh wait, if Sturgeon's in charge maybe she'd think that would look just dandy as part of a rainbow based national flag?
    I'd like to laugh at the thought of that flag being a national flag but it's a possibility under the SNP. Ken like the Aussie one with the Jack in the corner maybe a st Andrew (or st Andrea under snp) cross with a rainbow in the corner.

Some of the group's they have links to and support is astonishing.

Reminds me of the jakie who was telling Rees-Mogg on the high st that he wanted to keep watching Match of the Day so didn't want independence

Quote Originally Posted by Taintedice View Post
    I wasn't defending the SNP, I was making the case that you either support government intervention in failing businesses or you allow the business to fail. Prestwick, for example, what a disaster that would have been if it had closed down for the sake of what isn't really a great deal of money. As for the SNP obsession with independence, that's all in your head, it's actually the 'Scottish' tories who are utterly consumed by it to the point of ignoring what's coming on Jan 1.
    You made the case, which was the point I agreed with. You then made your comments about Tories which seemed to me to be made in defence of the SNP. My apologies, I did not think that you had agreed with me that the SNP had failed Bifab.
    I am not obsessed by the possibility of an independence referendum however I do not see any real progress from the 2014 discussions apart from the removal of the Scottish banks no longer posing a difficulty because they are now English headquartered and will be regulated by Westminster.
    As I have said before I feel that ordinary working people have been let down by all politicians and those who are employed in the civil service. I am sure they think they are working hard and trying to do their best, I think they need to review what has happened to our economy and change their approach dramatically. Independence is not the answer IMO but I might be persuaded if there was an economic plan that I could believe.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)