+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Rotherham v Bournemouth KO 3pm Sat 28th

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    They've still got prem players and household names in their squad so i think it would be unfair to criticise too much if we don't get anything

It was the Luton, Stoke and QPR games where we should have done better and had a realistic chance of picking up some more points
    Put a shift in is what we want
    A player on the pitch also needs to get them up for it

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    AFC Bournemouth's badge features a footballer heading a ball. But although the man in the crest does not possess any predominant features and looks quite generic, the character was created in honor of club icon Dickie Dowsett who had scored nearly 80 goals for the club from 1957 to 1962.

19th (12 points) v 2nd (26)

Fans will probably expect us to lose but can’t argue about that really, still all games are winnable and the players have just got to go out there and prove how good they actually are.

It’s on I follow
    Programmes are available
    There’s a training wear sale on this week if anyone is interested in them, personally I think they’re rubbish this season apart from the polo grey one.

Think I’ve called ref a few names in most games this season, will it be same in this game?

GEOFF ELTRINGHAM
    Craig Taylor and Nik Barnard
    Fourth Official : Leigh Doughty

Come on you REDS!

Any idea why he was / is an icon enough to put on the crest? I'd love to score nearly 80 goals for any club but it doesnt seem a huge amount for such an acknowledgement

Quote Originally Posted by MillersTime View Post
    Any idea why he was / is an icon enough to put on the crest? I'd love to score nearly 80 goals for any club but it doesnt seem a huge amount for such an acknowledgement
    Dowsett was converted from a winger into an inside forward with great success. In the five years with Bournemouth, he was the club's top scorer in three seasons.

Maybe it was the time when he was their only hero

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    Dowsett was converted from a winger into an inside forward with great success. In the five years with Bournemouth, he was the club's top scorer in three seasons.

Maybe it was the time when he was their only hero
    Interesting and definitely a time when they weren't so successful. Back to the game, definitely a 'bonus' points game but lets give it everything for the full 90 and if we are beaten by the better team then fair enough

Millers 2-2 Cherries.
    Squeaky bum time on half time and full time.
    Get team selection right and we may well have half a chance.

Like i said on another thread, i watched Bournemouth on Quest and they were very good going forwards at pace. Please no Wood/Mattock and play 3-5-2.

Quote Originally Posted by avondalemiller View Post
    Like i said on another thread, i watched Bournemouth on Quest and they were very good going forwards at pace. Please no Wood/Mattock and play 3-5-2.
    That’s a big ask

At least one of those will play maybe both

It will be 4-5-1 or 4-4-1-1

Agreed Grist.
    Three at the back and we,ll get obliterated
    If there's one game he needs to pack the midfield and keep a robust defence then it's this one.
    Push the midfielders forwards if necessary for certain parts of the game.
    Wiles, Crookes, Barlasser all know where the goal is, just need to deliver

Who else we got to play left back? Harding or Olosunde switch? But Olosunde with our lack of wide players thought he could play wide right. Lindsay Barlaser Crooks Wiles across the middle Smith Ladapo up front best I can come up with. Would play Vickers in goal. Two keepers we've seen this season not for me.

Played them three times at home in the last 10 years

Played 3 Won 0 Lost 3 Goals for 2 Goals against 10

Time for a change, I think!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast