+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Rotherham v Bournemouth KO 3pm Sat 28th

Quote Originally Posted by CTMilller View Post
    Played them three times at home in the last 10 years

Played 3 Won 0 Lost 3 Goals for 2 Goals against 10

Time for a change, I think!
    Had the misfortune that the 1st of my only 2 visits to NYS was one of those, the 5-1 cup thrashing in front of a small and subdued crowd in January 2015. Optimist in me says Saturday can't be any worse, pessimist in me says............

Warne will be scared to death of a thumping and will set up accordingly. Chances of getting anything from this game are remote. Rob Scott needs to be quickly proving his worth.

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    Had the misfortune that the 1st of my only 2 visits to NYS was one of those, the 5-1 cup thrashing in front of a small and subdued crowd in January 2015. Optimist in me says Saturday can't be any worse, pessimist in me says............
    this is the only game ive left early in the past 20 years. i recall not speaking to the mrs when i got in with the exception of "no, it was sht"
    to cap it off there was a jobsworth in the carpark who put the barrier across and said we cant let you leave until the crowd has left. your having a fkin laugh theres only 75 minutes on the clock.

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    this is the only game ive left early in the past 20 years. i recall not speaking to the mrs when i got in with the exception of "no, it was sht"
    to cap it off there was a jobsworth in the carpark who put the barrier across and said we cant let you leave until the crowd has left. your having a fkin laugh theres only 75 minutes on the clock.
    Good you shouldn’t leave early

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    Good you shouldn’t leave early

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    He should have sent you back in

That was bad luck/timing, CAM. I've been more fortunate with my visits. The 2-2 draw with Swansea at NYC, when Manning scored the two penalties for us, and the fantastic 3-1 win at Oxford last January, which took us to the top of League 1, come immediately to mind. (Actually, I can't believe the Oxford match was only earlier this year; seems like a lifetime ago!)

Anyway, your absence on Saturday gives us half a chance

First competitive game I took one of my grandkids to.
    Started off well, pop and crisps for me in the Bridge Inn, he had a pint of beer.
    He had his photo took with MillerBear outside the ground.
    I missed our solitary goal when I had to take the lad to the toilet.
    5-1, he knew the score at the end of the game as well.

Best part of the day was watching a guy at full time being prevented from leaving the car park...

Quote Originally Posted by CTMilller View Post
    That was bad luck/timing, CAM. I've been more fortunate with my visits. The 2-2 draw with Swansea at NYC, when Manning scored the two penalties for us, and the fantastic 3-1 win at Oxford last January, which took us to the top of League 1, come immediately to mind. (Actually, I can't believe the Oxford match was only earlier this year; seems like a lifetime ago!)

Anyway, your absence on Saturday gives us half a chance
    CT we beat Swansea 2-1. Not quite sure how we did it

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    CT we beat Swansea 2-1. Not quite sure how we did it
    You’re right, Flour. Not sure where I got that score line from.

We seemed dead and buried with their left wing tormenting us for a lot of the game. I couldn’t watch the second pen and turned my back; then the crowd erupted and that told me everything - great moment!

There can’t be many games when the Millers were awarded two penalties and scored from both.
    Last edited by CTMilller; 27-11-2020 at 07:17 AM.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast