+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What was the point of Kazim-Richards?

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Really? ‘So far our stellar free signing has done **** all...’. Seems quite a ‘definite’, not to mention damning, statement to me, but I agree it would be better to judge him on performance, which is precisely why my response offered possibilities rather than any attempt at certainty.
    So your issue with that statement (which as far as I can see is factual based on actual observation) is what? its not speculation its not an assumption about what may or may not have happened its a simple factual statement. Or in your world has he done more than **** all?

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    So your issue with that statement (which as far as I can see is factual based on actual observation) is what? its not speculation its not an assumption about what may or may not have happened its a simple factual statement. Or in your world has he done more than **** all?
    Oh here we go...Swale’s in ‘fight’ mode...again.
    My point - not ‘issue’ - is that frankly you’ve been on CKR’s back since he arrived. Now you’ve started a thread laced with sarcasm about how our ‘stellar free signing’ has done ‘**** all’ since he arrived.
    Personally I prefer to judge people once they’ve had an opportunity to prove themselves. CKR hasn’t. Like you I don’t know why - which was my point - but I see little point in starting on a guy who hasn’t had a chance when there are all too many others who’ve had chance after chance and failed to shine.

Oh here we go...Swale’s in ‘fight’ mode...again.
    My point - not ‘issue’ - is that frankly you’ve been on CKR’s back since he arrived. Now you’ve started a thread laced with sarcasm about how our ‘stellar free signing’ has done ‘**** all’ since he arrived.
    Personally I prefer to judge people once they’ve had an opportunity to prove themselves. CKR hasn’t. Like you I don’t know why - which was my point - but I see little point in starting on a guy who hasn’t had a chance when there are all too many others who’ve had chance after chance and failed to shine.

But thats my point, why did we sign him if he isn't good enough, if he doesn't start the next match given the failure of the team to score then one does have to question why we signed him?

Its not "fight mode" its merely questioning your response to my perfectly reasonable question, and he has done **** all, so far, not saying it shis fault but if he was that good wouldn't he have started a game by now? I mean **** me Rooney went up field last game to get a "more cutting edge".

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    But thats my point, why did we sign him if he isn't good enough, if he doesn't start the next match given the failure of the team to score then one does have to question why we signed him?

Its not "fight mode" its merely questioning your response to my perfectly reasonable question, and he has done **** all, so far, not saying it shis fault but if he was that good wouldn't he have started a game by now? I mean **** me Rooney went up field last game to get a "more cutting edge".
    I’ve said what I think, Swale...no point in criticising someone who hasn’t had a chance to prove themselves. I also know where arguing with you over something like this leads and I’m not going there.
    Great finish in the cricket...magnificent finish to the RL season...just hope we can make it 3/3 tomorrow.

The question is, prove himself to who? He's clearly not good enough in the minds of those who select the team, not proved himself in training. Or does he have to prove himself to you personally before he is deemed a busted flush??

I’ve said what I think, Swale...no point in criticising someone who hasn’t had a chance to prove themselves. I also know where arguing with you over something like this leads and I’m not going there.
    Great finish in the cricket...magnificent finish to the RL season...just hope we can make it 3/3 tomorrow.
    Oh typical rA change the topic when its pointed out that the point he has made isn't correct?

So by your reckoning, if he doesn't play much this season, nobody can comment on him being a wasted signing because he hasn't had a chance to prove himself?

In point of fact I wasn't criticising him anyway, I was questioning why we signed a player who has so far done **** all, precisely because he hasn't been picked. I didn't say he was ****e or any critical description of him, just wondered why we signed him and then haven't used him? As a former teacher I'd have thought you would tell the difference between criticism and observation?

As for being "on his back" from the start, what does that mean? I questioned why we had signed why we had signed a 34 year old journeyman striker whose goalscoring record wasn't that impressive. I recall you reeling off the list of clubs he had played for and using that as a basis for defending signing him.

By the way, if you don't like having your posts responded to by me, I would suggests you don't bother to comment on them. I was merely raising a point for a discussion and funnily enough you were the only one the had a passive aggressive response and yet again missed the ****ing point!

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    The question is, prove himself to who? He's clearly not good enough in the minds of those who select the team, not proved himself in training. Or does he have to prove himself to you personally before he is deemed a busted flush??
    You do talk some nonsense, GP. Is Bielik rubbish, because he hasn’t been picked recently? Are Shinnie and Davies garbage? Many seemed to think they were doing okay, but they’ve lost their places too.
    It’s self evidently got absolutely nothing to do with proving himself to me and as I said in my original thread...who knows why he hasn’t had a look in...certainly not me and for that matter, not Swale either...but until he does I’ll reserve judgement and not take too much notice of decisions taken by a ‘management team’ who most on here appear to have very little confidence in.

You do talk some nonsense, GP. Is Bielik rubbish, because he hasn’t been picked recently? Are Shinnie and Davies garbage? Many seemed to think they were doing okay, but they’ve lost their places too.
    It’s self evidently got absolutely nothing to do with proving himself to me and as I said in my original thread...who knows why he hasn’t had a look in...certainly not me and for that matter, not Swale either...but until he does I’ll reserve judgement and not take too much notice of decisions taken by a ‘management team’ who most on here appear to have very little confidence in.

Bloody hell this is the pot calling the kettle black! GP makes a perfectly reasonable point as I did (and incorrectly you said it was criticism) and you respond with irrelevant *******s about 3 other players and say he is talking nonsense!

For a start, nobody and certainly not me said Kazim Richards was garbage, it was you who implied criticism, you often seem to read into posts meanings that aren't there. I mean its difficult to tell seeing he hasn't played much.

The current management team have only been in charge for 3 games, Richards hasn't been picked before that and if its one thing Derby lack at the moment is goals, yet he still doesn't start and is hardly used as a sub. So its a perfectly reasonable question to ask why did we bother signing him?

So by your logic if he doesn't play much for Rams this season, it isn't because he isn't up to it? Yet if we are needing goals why wouldn't we select him? I mean it doesn't add up does it, even you and your "I'll reserve judgement" point of view must wonder why this is the case?

You still haven't even addressed the question was what was the point of signing him? because at the moment it just looks like a desperation move to get a body into the squad.

However, I can see as you were so effusive about him when he was signed (despite his previous track record being iffy) I can see why admitting that he wasn't a wise signing would be hard for you, seeing as you rarely admit to being wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    rA thought he was a good prospect when signed and reeled off the list of clubs he had played for, while failing to mention his goalscoring record was less than impressive! Logic would suggest that given we need goals, if he was any good he'd ahve been given a chance by now. But no apparently not, no doubt at the en dof the season when the guy has hardly played for us and scored zero goals rA will still be defencing him on the basis of the clubs he played for previously!

Name:  unnamed.jpg
Views: 103
Size:  15.9 KB

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)