+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What was the point of Kazim-Richards?

What was the point of Kazim-Richards?

So far our stellar free signing has done **** all, is he not fit enough to start a game by now?

He has more energy than the rest, unfortunately only gets chucked on when everyone else has given up. I think he'd be useful if we play 2 up top.

And what about the other star signing... Jordan Ibe......another **** signing.

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    So far our stellar free signing has done **** all, is he not fit enough to start a game by now?
    Who knows? As you told me in no uncertain terms once(?), we’re not privy to all that goes on...maybe he’s not fit enough, although I doubt it seeing as he was training with us for a while before we signed him, maybe he’s not considered good enough, or maybe his face just doesn’t fit with the ‘new broom’.
    I agree with Adi, to me he’s looked okay in the little we’ve seen of him. He at least gives us something different - height and physicality - and frankly he doesn’t have to be much good to be better than any of our other misfiring front men.

P.S. Think Ibe has been recovering from severe gastroenteritis...so I suppose you could call him a ‘crap’ signing.
    Last edited by ramAnag; 26-11-2020 at 06:15 PM.

Ibe has, indeed, been recovering from severe gastroenteritis. It seems it caused him to lose a lot of weight and that will have negatively affect his fitness.

He is now back training and is training with the squad full time. Possibly available for selection for the Wycombe game.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Who knows? As you told me in no uncertain terms once(?), we’re not privy to all that goes on...maybe he’s not fit enough, although I doubt it seeing as he was training with us for a while before we signed him, maybe he’s not considered good enough, or maybe his face just doesn’t fit with the ‘new broom’.
    I agree with Adi, to me he’s looked okay in the little we’ve seen of him. He at least gives us something different - height and physicality - and frankly he doesn’t have to be much good to be better than any of our other misfiring front men.

P.S. Think Ibe has been recovering from severe gastroenteritis...so I suppose you could call him a ‘crap’ signing.
    Precisely why I asked the question as a start for a debate! Unlike you I tend not to make definite statement when I don't ahve any knowledge!

We can only start 11 players. Might it be that, thus far, the people selecting the side haven't deemed him worthy of a start due to somebody else fitting the role better, in their opinion?

Ergo, it may well have nothing to do with fitness. Maybe, his career average of a goal every 7 appearances might be a clue when the team's biggest issue is goalscoring.

I questioned the wisdom of his signing at the time. The few minutes he has played together with Waggy seemed to show they have some kind of understanding/chemistry. Maybe worth playing the pair together up top? He keeps making the matchday squad so he must be "doing well in training".

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    Precisely why I asked the question as a start for a debate! Unlike you I tend not to make definite statement when I don't ahve any knowledge!
    Really? ‘So far our stellar free signing has done **** all...’. Seems quite a ‘definite’, not to mention damning, statement to me, but I agree it would be better to judge him on performance, which is precisely why my response offered possibilities rather than any attempt at certainty.

I suspect he is in the match day squad because he's the best we have as cover for a given position - that doesnt men he's any good, just the only option

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    I suspect he is in the match day squad because he's the best we have as cover for a given position - that doesnt men he's any good, just the only option
    Personally I'd rather give Jamahl Hector-Ingram or Jack Stretton a go.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)