+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Good interview with Dane on Radio Sheffield

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Walks away as a free agent Frank next summer .
    Thanks animal.
    That's why he's keeping his options open just in case he gets a better offer.
    Let's face it 90% of footballers are mercenaries, can't say as I blame them.
    Long gone are the days when player's got Testimonials, they're few and far between these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    Mowatt wa fully expected to sign a new deal a fottnit since , it's gon on too long nar , maybe he has something lined up at end of season ? That way any club wanting him wint ev to pay art a transfer fee, he gets a big signing on fee and both Parties are happy ! We get to keep him this season and he still has to perform, or his intended Club may lose interest in him , no great loss I think , we have Kane to step in ? And interest may be revived in the lad at Donny to bring him here ?
    Maybe that's why he's been hauled off after 60 minutes lately. Valerie knows he isn't going to sign so wants a look at players who will be here after next summer.

Quote Originally Posted by CASPER-64-FRANK View Post
    Thanks animal.
    That's why he's keeping his options open just in case he gets a better offer.
    Let's face it 90% of footballers are mercenaries, can't say as I blame them.
    Long gone are the days when player's got Testimonials, they're few and far between these days.
    Question is Frank what are those options ?

Alex isn't a PL player and the clubs who'd want him in the championship haven't a cracker due to the pandemic .

That's why Woodrow signed a new deal and remained here on deadline day .

Personally I think he'll sign a new deal , this pandemic has changed the championship massively this season .

Question is Frank what are those options ?

Alex isn't a PL player and the clubs who'd want him in the championship haven't a cracker due to the pandemic .

That's why Woodrow signed a new deal and remained here on deadline day .

Personally I think he'll sign a new deal , this pandemic has changed the championship massively this season .
    Yes, I think he will eventually sign a new deal.
    The grass isn't always greener on the other side.
    It doesn't stop him considering a move to another club though.
    He's a local lad isn't he ? Born in Doncaster or thereabouts.

Quote Originally Posted by CASPER-64-FRANK View Post
    Yes, I think he will eventually sign a new deal.
    The grass isn't always greener on the other side.
    It doesn't stop him considering a move to another club though.
    He's a local lad isn't he ? Born in Doncaster or thereabouts.
    Yep Donny born Frank .

The key thing for me is that possibly the money offered elsewhere may not be that much more than he can get here and if the club can kick on a little more this season he may want to be part of that as captain under Val .

You can never say for sure of course but in normal times at this club neither Mowatt or Woodrow would be here today as we've seen through past experience .

In my opinion Frank you may as well keep Mowatt here with an improved deal and wait for the big money offer coming in from a PL club for young Callum Styles , ain't no way he's going to be here for too much longer Frank .

Looking at £8m to £10m here minimum mate and puts some real fat on the bones with this model .

We've all said for a while now that selling our better players to fellow championship clubs doesn't break us out of the struggles at this level because the money isn't that great .

£10m for Styles is a different matter and gives us some decent spends to bring in three quality players and still bank some money for continued sustainability .

I don't want to lose the kid but the way he's going it's inevitable .

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    Nubdi will pay much forrim ennyrooard ?
    That was my thoughts at the beginning of the season.
    I thought Mowatt was the weak link in the team.
    But since James arrived I think Mowatt has gone from strength to strength.
    We needed that older head in midfield and the club did well to bring in James.
    Could be the case that these two are being subbed because they are running their blood to watter.

Quote Originally Posted by Young_Nudger View Post
    Could be the case that these two are being subbed because they are running their blood to watter.
    Agree. I just like to look for the worst case scenarios.

Quote Originally Posted by Young_Nudger View Post
    Difference is Mowatt knows that James as his back and can concentrate on driving us forward which are his attributes .

Mowatt was another one who was inhibited due to Struber's system in my opinion .

For me Mowatt is one of those players you only realise his worth when he's no longer here .

Don't get me wrong he ain't spectacular but he's reliable and very consistent , nuts and bolts player which every team needs .

Difference is Mowatt knows that James as his back and can concentrate on driving us forward which are his attributes .

Mowatt was another one who was inhibited due to Struber's system in my opinion .

For me Mowatt is one of those players you only realise his worth when he's no longer here .

Don't get me wrong he ain't spectacular but he's reliable and very consistent , nuts and bolts player which every team needs .
    Mowatt or Hourihane?

Quote Originally Posted by Ponte_Steve24 View Post
    Mowatt or Hourihane?
    Obviously Hourihane.
    But I still think Mowatt has something to offer now.
    It’s interesting to see criticism about Mowatt on here.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast