+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Maradona- Why are the media glorifying a cheat. ?

Maradona- Why are the media glorifying a cheat. ?

That’s all he was- a cheat. Talented yes , great player -no.He cheated on more than one occasion , not just the hand of god. Allegedly carrying clean urine in a plastic bag strapped to his waist , so that he could test all clear whilst playing for Napoli, and disguise his drug habit.Great players just don’t do this sort of thing.There was much more to it , than just Maradonal lifting a struggling Napoli team to the Italian Serie “A” title almost immediately. Think about it. It would be like the Clarets signing Messi, then winning the Premier League. It just wouldn’t happen. I would much prefer these so called football experts say what they really think, because they certainly thought about it , when Maradona’s hand intervened Bobby Robson’s World Cup hopes. It makes me sick. No one wants to say the wrong thing and end their stint on Sky and Match Of The Day.Deep down, they are probably showing no sympathy like me. Why don’t they just admit it ?

Maradona- Why are the media glorifying a cheat.

they call it "apotheosis" - Mal.....raising an individual to the exalted divine status of a G*D - easy made if there's a low, folk can be very receptive to a releasing lift / distraction.

Don't worry Mal,I'm sure God will put him in a handy position.

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    Don't worry Mal,I'm sure God will put him in a handy position.
    I am sure he will Alf. It's called Hell.

Maradona- Why are the media glorifying a cheat.

Simple answer ---it's the media.
    The media thrives on the fact that people are not perfect and the worse they are --the more media interest they attract.
    Sadly, the good guys are not what the media wants to know about ---it is not something new.

The occasional times that they do concentrate on the good guys, there is usually some other underlying thing which they wish to promote ---if you think about some recent events.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    I am sure he will Alf. It's called Hell.
    Is that Hell Fc or Hell Kingston Rovers ?.

Quote Originally Posted by malwayne View Post
    That’s all he was- a cheat. Talented yes , great player -no.He cheated on more than one occasion , not just the hand of god. Allegedly carrying clean urine in a plastic bag strapped to his waist , so that he could test all clear whilst playing for Napoli, and disguise his drug habit.Great players just don’t do this sort of thing.There was much more to it , than just Maradonal lifting a struggling Napoli team to the Italian Serie “A” title almost immediately. Think about it. It would be like the Clarets signing Messi, then winning the Premier League. It just wouldn’t happen. I would much prefer these so called football experts say what they really think, because they certainly thought about it , when Maradona’s hand intervened Bobby Robson’s World Cup hopes. It makes me sick. No one wants to say the wrong thing and end their stint on Sky and Match Of The Day.Deep down, they are probably showing no sympathy like me. Why don’t they just admit it ?
    Yes he cheated , took drugs

Here’s the but , all footballers cheat even the squeaky clean ones ( they’re not all drug users ).

The fact above all is that in a genius there is always a flaw maybe in personality maybe in addiction are we saying George best was a cheat as well then ? Or is it just the hand of god that’s irritated you ?

The man was the greatest of our lifetime regardless of the flaws in his personality plus reality is we didn’t know the man.

Quote Originally Posted by army88 View Post
    Yes he cheated , took drugs

Here’s the but , all footballers cheat even the squeaky clean ones ( they’re not all drug users ).

The fact above all is that in a genius there is always a flaw maybe in personality maybe in addiction are we saying George best was a cheat as well then ? Or is it just the hand of god that’s irritated you ?

The man was the greatest of our lifetime regardless of the flaws in his personality plus reality is we didn’t know the man.
    Pele is the greatest living footballer ever. The cheating gobsh!te that was Maradona is dead.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Pele is the greatest living footballer ever. The cheating gobsh!te that was Maradona is dead.
    A great player BT

But not even in the same league

I think Maradonna was a drug taking alcoholic, while players who get away with cheating do not generally glorify their cheating with “It was the hand of God” statement he revelled in.
    Personally I think Pele was not only a better player but also a better person.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)