+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Blackburn Rovers v Barnsley Match Thoughts

Got to make it count when you are on top and we haven't managed it .

Andersen very poor on their goal and Armstrong shows us how it's done .

Still in this game of course but we need to be more clinical .

Been the better side, but as you say got to take the chances. Blackburn, 3 shots all on target.
    Anderson was beaten twice within a minute down the left. Great finish by Armstrong

Virtually camped in their half up to HT. They had three attempts on goal worked Walton twice and scored with the 3rd. 11 shots for us just 2 on target.
    Second half half we need some muscle up front or this game is lost over to the head coach.

Deserved at least a point from that game. Palmer and Victor did well when they came on. Kane and Brittain were excellent

Performance was excellent , just one of those days which can happen in the championship .

The header from Andersen goes in at 1-0 and you'd be thinking we can go on and win this , couldn't believe the keeper saved it to be honest .

We've had the best of it against a very solid championship team away from home .

Keep up those kind of performances and we will be more than alright .

Results below us were acceptable so no harm really done in the grand scheme of things .

Onwards to Brum on tuesday and if we can take that kind of performance to the midlands we will win the game in my opinion .

Quote Originally Posted by Young_Nudger View Post
    Looks a better lineup.
    Thomas for Freiser.
    Kane for James.
    No Freiser no point's , take note !

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    No Freiser no point's , take note !
    Should start for me. Most other games we would have picked up at least point on that performance.
    Last edited by POGGYWELL; 28-11-2020 at 06:55 PM.

Rovers boss Tony Mowbray told BBC Radio Lancashire:

"The game panned out as I thought. Their front three are basically a pressing machine and we found it very hard to get behind them. They made life really difficult for us.

"We found a way to win and ultimately I think we deserved the win. I was disappointed with the goal we conceded at the end which made the last couple of minutes a bit chaotic.

"The one time we got Nyambe into space he drove past his man, cut it back and Adam did what he does and it was a great goal. We look forward to Wednesday and will try to keep the winning run going."

Tykes boss Valerien Ismael:

"The performance was exactly what we wanted. But you lose the game with 23 attempts, 11 corners, and we scored once. It's not enough. We have to learn the killer mentality.

"In such a game when you are good in shape, you have to punish your opponent, you have to score, and have more confidence for the game.

"This is the Championship, this is the quality. We can build off this performance for sure. We have consistency in our performance. But you need a result, you need a reward."

Valerien Ismael says on Herbnie Kane did his job perfectly today for his first start in a Reds shirt, but it’s only a first step, now need to see consistency.
    Last edited by POGGYWELL; 28-11-2020 at 06:51 PM.

I'd be tempted to give Mowatt a rest on tuesday night at Birmingham .

I think the lad needs it , plenty of options in the middle of the park , Kane , James , Styles and Palmer .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    I'd be tempted to give Mowatt a rest on tuesday night at Birmingham .

I think the lad needs it , plenty of options in the middle of the park , Kane , James , Styles and Palmer .
    Yes agree on that one Animal it would do him good and then be up for it on Friday.
    Wouldn’t mind seeing Victor & Freiser start with Woodrow.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast