+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Blackburn Rovers v Barnsley Match Thoughts

Blackburn Rovers v Barnsley Match Thoughts

Three games in 6 days coming up as we do our stint on the championship graveyard shift .

I suspect some changes tomorrow afternoon as Val looks to rotate his squad to cover the three games , he probably doesn't want to but there appears to be little choice given two of the games are away .

I reckon Victor may start in the front three tomorrow replacing Chaplin .

Kane or young Palmer coming in for Matty James .

Possibly Thomas for Freiser .

You don't really want to be making anymore than three changes in any case and you definitely want to be keeping that back three and the two wing backs together although Oduor could come in on the left with Styles returning to a midfield role I guess .

Much to ponder for Val and his approach over the next 6 days .

Four points from the next three games would be an acceptable haul in my opinion putting us on 20 points going in to December .

Not to be sniffed at isn't that .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Three games in 6 days coming up as we do our stint on the championship graveyard shift .

I suspect some changes tomorrow afternoon as Val looks to rotate his squad to cover the three games , he probably doesn't want to but there appears to be little choice given two of the games are away .

I reckon Victor may start in the front three tomorrow replacing Chaplin .

Kane or young Palmer coming in for Matty James .

Possibly Thomas for Freiser .

You don't really want to be making anymore than three changes in any case and you definitely want to be keeping that back three and the two wing backs together although Oduor could come in on the left with Styles returning to a midfield role I guess .

Much to ponder for Val and his approach over the next 6 days .

Four points from the next three games would be an acceptable haul in my opinion putting us on 20 points going in to December .

Not to be sniffed at isn't that .
    We'll get one point or all three points from Birmingham game. Owt else will be a bonus. Worst case 16/17 pts. All losable games.

I think we will go with the same line up as Brentfud.
    BUT ......... if the opposition dominates the ball like Brentfud did then the team has to be prepared to change formation to something that can dominate the midfield - while having a forward (the only forward we’ve got) that can hold the ball up to allow the midfield to get forward.

................. Walton
    Brittain - Helik - Mads - Williams
    .................. Mowatt
    Thomas - Styles - Kane - Oduor
    ................... Victor

No Woodrow?

Quote Originally Posted by Ponte_Steve24 View Post
    No Woodrow?
    It’s an hard one to call admittedly.
    But as much as I like Woodrow - he isn’t a player that can hold the ball up long enough to allow the cavalry to arrive.
    Only player we have that can do that is Victor - and the older this lad gets the stronger and better he looks.

Quote Originally Posted by Young_Nudger View Post
    I think we will go with the same line up as Brentfud.
    BUT ......... if the opposition dominates the ball like Brentfud did then the team has to be prepared to change formation to something that can dominate the midfield - while having a forward (the only forward we’ve got) that can hold the ball up to allow the midfield to get forward.

................. Walton
    Brittain - Helik - Mads - Williams
    .................. Mowatt
    Thomas - Styles - Kane - Oduor
    ................... Victor
    Very Struberesque Nudge , can't see Val shifting from the 3-4-3 missen .

The personnel may change but the system won't in my opinion .

Away from home especially that ball has to stick with the three front guys which is why I think Victor has come in to the equation but he can't get himself isolated either which may well happen if he's up there on his own .

Has to play Victor as part of the three up top in my opinion .

Very Struberesque Nudge , can't see Val shifting from the 3-4-3 missen .

The personnel may change but the system won't in my opinion .

Away from home especially that ball has to stick with the three front guys which is why I think Victor has come in to the equation but he can't get himself isolated either which may well happen if he's up there on his own .

Has to play Victor as part of the three up top in my opinion .
    I want to see Victor start too but instead of Frieser.

Quote Originally Posted by Ponte_Steve24 View Post
    I want to see Victor start too but instead of Frieser.
    Does a tremendous job out of possession does Freiser , probably a bit of a minority opinion but in all honesty I think the lad is a key part of what Val is trying to do .

In possession there's room for improvement no doubt but he gets stick because it doesn't come off for him .

I actually believe he offers more than Chaplin personally .

Bound to be flaws Steve because we aren't a great championship team but more of a workable squad looking to cement a lower mid table position .

Does a tremendous job out of possession does Freiser , probably a bit of a minority opinion but in all honesty I think the lad is a key part of what Val is trying to do .

In possession there's room for improvement no doubt but he gets stick because it doesn't come off for him .

I actually believe he offers more than Chaplin personally .

Bound to be flaws Steve because we aren't a great championship team but more of a workable squad looking to cement a lower mid table position .

Agree with that. Freiser has impressed me, quality movement and good energy. A wo upset at Jacob Brown leaving but personally I think Freiser is a great replacement, arguably better imo. He'll be tip top come the end of the season I've no doubt.

Thaz got to give players time to adapt and acclimatise, especially foreign players. He's shown glimpses of quality in patches and I think he'll be one of our key players as the season progresses. As you say, probably a minority opinion but I'm fine with it

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    Agree with that. Freiser has impressed me, quality movement and good energy. A wo upset at Jacob Brown leaving but personally I think Freiser is a great replacement, arguably better imo. He'll be tip top come the end of the season I've no doubt.

Thaz got to give players time to adapt and acclimatise, especially foreign players. He's shown glimpses of quality in patches and I think he'll be one of our key players as the season progresses. As you say, probably a minority opinion but I'm fine with it
    I'll give him a bit longer then

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast