+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Blackburn Rovers v Barnsley Match Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    I think I've been to Blackburn more times than I have anywhere else bar Oakwell .

We seemed to lose there one year and then win the next , took it in turns during the 80's .

Simon fecking Garner and Noel Brotherston were a real thorn in our side .

Remember Simon Garner scoring a hat trick when were hammered 5-0 one year and Andy Rammell scoring a last minute winner on his debut right in front of a packed away end in the late 80's .

The one that really sticks out for me was a 17 years old David Hirst scoring and running the Blackburn defence ragged in a 3-0 win in the mid 80's .

Some player that kid , how much did we sell him for to that lot down the road , £250k was it ? .

Feckin hell !!!! .
    He turned into an obnoxious 2hat sadly , BIG EARRD , Good player though ,

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    Always a good awayday irrespective of the result , never saw any bother there , friendly lot, as most Lancashire fans seem to be towards us , great pies and good drink ova thurr !!!
    Tha could drink in pubs close to Ewood Park back when football fans weren't the friendliest and nobody would bother thi .

We used to go in a working men's club about five minutes from Ewood Park and have a few pints and pie n peas .

Packed it was with Rovers fans and we'd end up playing killer at darts with em .

Last time I went we won 2-1 with Shipperley scoring a late winner under Bassett and then off to Blackpool afterwards for a neet art .

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    Always a good awayday irrespective of the result , never saw any bother there , friendly lot, as most Lancashire fans seem to be towards us , great pies and good drink ova thurr !!!
    Burnley fans call them 'the Bastids' lol, so you can see how differently we look at them as a team.
    I remember feeling bad against them when they signed Ashley Ward from us at the end of '98. And then they went down and we blitzed and battered him and them the following season lol.
    What did he say eh about missing the Prem, and that's where he wanted and needed to be ?. And then he ended up with the likes of Bradford a few years later.

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post

Last time I went we won 2-1 with Shipperley scoring a late winner under Bassett and then off to Blackpool afterwards for a neet art .

A wo on that trip or one similar (Maceys)wi Baugh Green and Poggy lads. Edda great day art theear. Brilliant when Shipperley scooard.

Name:  E8C60585-1357-44C2-878D-1BECDEFAEB68.jpg
Views: 140
Size:  17.2 KB

Name:  8BF55A2A-4B80-41D4-A088-CB83374FEBA8.jpg
Views: 135
Size:  15.4 KB

A chance for Herbie and Thomas to step up , I thought they'd be changes and to be fair it's inevitable given the week ahead .

I just don't get it? Chaplin has been absolutely shocking for the last 4 or 5 games and is why Woodrow isn't getting chances cos he can't hold the ball up and bring him into play.
    We look a much better balanced side with Big Ade up front with Woody and when he starts him Chaplin won't get back in the side.
    Nice to see he's dropped Frieser but not for Thomas, he should have put Styles in the Centre instead of Kane and had Odour raiding the flank.

I reckon we will be 2 goals adrift by half time and they will be the changes so why not start with them? Hope I'm wrong but I think Brereton will have a free role to run and Armstrong will punish us!

Looks a better lineup.
    Thomas for Freiser.
    Kane for James.

Bit disappointed not to see Bramall on the bench

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast