+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Blackburn Rovers v Barnsley Match Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by Ponte_Steve24 View Post
    I'll give him a bit longer then

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    If he doesn't score against Blackburn he's sh1t though

Matty James needs to start for me , Blackburn have a squad full of seasoned Pro's to pick from , if they score early it will be a long afternoon for the Reds , any experienced players we have should be starting ,
    Including Frieser , this lad gets a lot of unnecessary stick from some fan's , he will be a top player for us , and I'm sure he will start netting a few goals ,

Bramhall could make the bench very versatile and ready according to Hassle.

Quote Originally Posted by POGGYWELL View Post
    Bramhall could make the bench very versatile and ready according to Hassle.
    I mentioned this on another thread Poggy , Everton Under 23s coach David Unsworth had him playing full back/wing back , wide left and right , then as a Striker , he could be a great find with his versatility ,

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    I mentioned this on another thread Poggy , Everton Under 23s coach David Unsworth had him playing full back/wing back , wide left and right , then as a Striker , he could be a great find with his versatility ,
    Plenty of these kids kicking around and no longer wanted at the big PL clubs .

Give em a go and the opportunity in our development teams .

Callum Styles was released by Burnley at 16 , you will have to write out a big fat cheque if you want him back .

Just as long as we are not totally reliant on this strategy then its worth putting some resources in to in my opinion .

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    Matty James needs to start for me , Blackburn have a squad full of seasoned Pro's to pick from , if they score early it will be a long afternoon for the Reds , any experienced players we have should be starting ,
    Including Frieser , this lad gets a lot of unnecessary stick from some fan's , he will be a top player for us , and I'm sure he will start netting a few goals ,
    He does indeed Roma , if his body satisfies the sports science mob at the club then happy days , that's where we are at today and we have to remember he ain't our player and we have to manage that responsibly .

Class act is Matty and from what I read a really good lad in the dressing room and on the training field , a real positive influence at the club .

Another loan agreement in January would be massive for us and then see where we are next summer when he's a free agent .

Quote Originally Posted by Young_Nudger View Post
    I think we will go with the same line up as Brentfud.
    BUT ......... if the opposition dominates the ball like Brentfud did then the team has to be prepared to change formation to something that can dominate the midfield - while having a forward (the only forward we’ve got) that can hold the ball up to allow the midfield to get forward.

................. Walton
    Brittain - Helik - Mads - Williams
    .................. Mowatt
    Thomas - Styles - Kane - Oduor
    ................... Victor
    Sky Sports Soccer Saturday.

I’ve just got the line ups and see Barnsley are starting without Sollbauer and Woodrow !

Unbelievable Jeff!

I think I've been to Blackburn more times than I have anywhere else bar Oakwell .

We seemed to lose there one year and then win the next , took it in turns during the 80's .

Simon fecking Garner and Noel Brotherston were a real thorn in our side .

Remember Simon Garner scoring a hat trick when were hammered 5-0 one year and Andy Rammell scoring a last minute winner on his debut right in front of a packed away end in the late 80's .

The one that really sticks out for me was a 17 years old David Hirst scoring and running the Blackburn defence ragged in a 3-0 win in the mid 80's .

Some player that kid , how much did we sell him for to that lot down the road , £250k was it ? .

Feckin hell !!!! .

Always a good awayday irrespective of the result , never saw any bother there , friendly lot, as most Lancashire fans seem to be towards us , great pies and good drink ova thurr !!!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast