+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: John Brown

John Brown

Thoughts on bomber in general?

He was a tremendous servant for my club (the teddy bears) and any of my Dee mates love the guy. I'm happy to say I have a signed Rangers top from him in the house.

It has also been brought to my attention that posters on another message board are reading my every post on here without posting themselves, which is a shame.

I invite you to make yourselves known and we can have a good chat about Dundee over a hot Bovril and a peh. Other than you Beardy, as your posts are terrible and you bring nothing to the table whatsoever. My relationship with your board is complicated at the moment, however I don't think this will last forever and I will be making my next move tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Hardliner View Post
    Thoughts on bomber in general?

He was a tremendous servant for my club (the teddy bears) and any of my Dee mates love the guy. I'm happy to say I have a signed Rangers top from him in the house.

It has also been brought to my attention that posters on another message board are reading my every post on here without posting themselves, which is a shame.

I invite you to make yourselves known and we can have a good chat about Dundee over a hot Bovril and a peh. Other than you Beardy, as your posts are terrible and you bring nothing to the table whatsoever. My relationship with your board is complicated at the moment, however I don't think this will last forever and I will be making my next move tonight.
    Great player, **** manager who wasn't up to the task.

Couldn't care less about your other board crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    Great player, **** manager who wasn't up to the task.

Couldn't care less about your other board crap.
    I think he showed high moral fibre by resigning when he did. It was the right thing to do.

You can see things in binary terms if it makes you feel better though.

As for not caring less about my other board 'crap' - I couldn't care less about your not caring less crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Hardliner View Post
    I think he showed high moral fibre by resigning when he did. It was the right thing to do.

You can see things in binary terms if it makes you feel better though.

As for not caring less about my other board 'crap' - I couldn't care less about your not caring less crap.
    Seems we're on the same page concerning some things at least.

Brown's appointment was divisive and was made by a very unpopular individual involved with the club at the time who in most people's opinion didn't have the best interests of Dundee FC at heart. I'm of the opinion that it was a very poor appointment to make. Others on this board will disagree and will say it was a good appointment they're entitled to their opinion and we've done that argument to death. Some just slag the guy off because of his association with Rangers and his 'steps of Ibrox' rant, If they want to be so narrow minded that's up to them.

He apparently left when he realised the job was beyond his capabilities and I agree, if that was the case, he was brave to do so. Having said that I'm pretty sure that Paul Hartley had been lined up before he left and that he was pushed out of the job.

Great player for us and for Rangers, should never have been appointed manager of Dundee FC.

The Bomber.❤

Seems we're on the same page concerning some things at least.

Brown's appointment was divisive and was made by a very unpopular individual involved with the club at the time who in most people's opinion didn't have the best interests of Dundee FC at heart. I'm of the opinion that it was a very poor appointment to make. Others on this board will disagree and will say it was a good appointment they're entitled to their opinion and we've done that argument to death. Some just slag the guy off because of his association with Rangers and his 'steps of Ibrox' rant, If they want to be so narrow minded that's up to them.

He apparently left when he realised the job was beyond his capabilities and I agree, if that was the case, he was brave to do so. Having said that I'm pretty sure that Paul Hartley had been lined up before he left and that he was pushed out of the job.

Great player for us and for Rangers, should never have been appointed manager of Dundee FC.
    I agree that the way he was appointed was not ideal, putting it mildly. He was terrific when he came in and seems to me to have suffered unreasonable hostility during his stint with us. I am not sure if you were involved with the club board at the time but it would be interesting to learn why his appointment was so controversial.

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    I agree that the way he was appointed was not ideal, putting it mildly. He was terrific when he came in and seems to me to have suffered unreasonable hostility during his stint with us. I am not sure if you were involved with the club board at the time but it would be interesting to learn why his appointment was so controversial.
    If I remember it was controversial mainly because names were banded about on SM that seemed to us plebs would be good appointments and we were pretty excited about the upcoming good news. When his name was mentioned as a possible most people essentially laughed because of his record at Clyde, he was in all honesty never even a consideration to most of us. Then was he not unveiled while a fans meeting was being held in Dens and there was uproar, he had to be swiftly removed and Gardiner basically ran away.

That's probably all clouded by time but might be ball park at least.

If I remember it was controversial mainly because names were banded about on SM that seemed to us plebs would be good appointments and we were pretty excited about the upcoming good news. When his name was mentioned as a possible most people essentially laughed because of his record at Clyde, he was in all honesty never even a consideration to most of us. Then was he not unveiled while a fans meeting was being held in Dens and there was uproar, he had to be swiftly removed and Gardiner basically ran away.

That's probably all clouded by time but might be ball park at least.
    Well remembered. I had forgotten the way he was introduced. His record at Clyde was the key for many. I thought he did a good job and if it hadn't been for a diving cheat he might have turned the doubters.

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    Well remembered. I had forgotten the way he was introduced. His record at Clyde was the key for many. I thought he did a good job and if it hadn't been for a diving cheat he might have turned the doubters.
    He was never introduced at the meeting.The plan was for him to be announced and then brought through to the meeting but due to the reaction it never happened.

I recall sitting outside Dens waiting to go in to the meeting and Rab D came over and spoke to a poster on here when we were in the car.

Rab D was not too chuffed about the appointment and he told us who it was as he had already been introduced to the players,so we knew before we went into the meeting Bomber had beeen appointed.

When they announced it at the meeting i remember one person saying out loud Holy ****, and walking out.

I'm assuming he still has the best record this century of any Dundee manager.....unless of course McIntyre or Mcpake are now ahead😉

Just think back to the game at tannadice when Irvine got sent aff and compare it to the Ayr or hibs game the other week.

Up for it compared to ***** central.

Just saying i ken what I'd prefer.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)