+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Team vs. Wealdstone | Fri 27 November 2020 | Meadow Lane NG2 3HJ

Team vs. Wealdstone | Fri 27 November 2020 | Meadow Lane NG2 3HJ

Started a bit of discussion on Twitter about Ruben and whether he is better starting or off the bench. Personally now he seems to be finding his feet he needs to start whenever possible. Someone mentioned him, Roberts and Enzio sat behind Wootton and I have to agree that would be an exciting prospect, assuming Roberts isn't still suffering with his groin.

Slocombe
    Brindley, Rawlo, Graham, DKE
    Doyler, Reeves
    Roberts, Ruben, Enzio
    Wootton

Subs:
    Chicksen
    Sam
    Knowles
    JOB
    Wolfe

I'm assuming Thomas, McCrory and Lacey are all still injured. If Roberts is injured then it will no doubt be 433 with JOB coming in to replace him.

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    Started a bit of discussion on Twitter about Ruben and whether he is better starting or off the bench. Personally now he seems to be finding his feet he needs to start whenever possible. Someone mentioned him, Roberts and Enzio sat behind Wootton and I have to agree that would be an exciting prospect, assuming Roberts isn't still suffering with his groin.

Slocombe
    Doyler, Reeves
    Roberts, Ruben, Enzio
    Wootton

Subs:
    Chicksen
    Sam
    Knowles
    JOB
    Wolfe

I'm assuming Thomas, McCrory and Lacey are all still injured. If Roberts is injured then it will no doubt be 433 with JOB coming in to replace him.
    I'd say Rodrigues deserves a start after the last game. As an aside this groin problem of Cal's is worrying, reminds me of (I think) Ronan Murray?

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    I'd say Rodrigues deserves a start after the last game. As an aside this groin problem of Cal's is worrying, reminds me of (I think) Ronan Murray?
    Yeah, that really hindered us seeing the best of him in a Notts shirt.

Slocombe
    Doyler, Reeves
    Roberts, Ruben, Enzio
    Wootton

Subs:
    Chicksen
    Sam
    Knowles
    JOB
    Wolfe

Nice idea....I’ve lost faith in Enzio now though, his contributions to games now are very limited and he was totally ineffective against chesterfield.

One question I have, why don’t we try Roberts on the left and Enzio on the right so it would suit their preferred foot? A bit radical I know but it could see more balls put into the box.

Slocombe
    Doyler, Reeves
    Roberts, Ruben, Enzio
    Wootton

Subs:
    Chicksen
    Sam
    Knowles
    JOB
    Wolfe

Roberts isnt fit
    Enzio doesnt give a toss and doesnt work anywhere near hard enough
    Ruben is an impact player who can change a game from off the bench, play him from the start an if we start badly he is very much a luxury. JOB on the other hand is at it from the first minute and can come off after 60 for Ruben
    Reeves pass completion rate on Saturday was below 60% which even at this level is nowhere near good enough for centre mid
    We havent got a CB on the bench....Turner is the only player in the squad who can be that player atm and it doesnt make sense to leave him out the squad and of course Ardley wont. Turner will almost certainly start with Graham on the bench
    Other than that its about right

Quote Originally Posted by TSANHO View Post
    Nice idea....I’ve lost faith in Enzio now though, his contributions to games now are very limited and he was totally ineffective against chesterfield.

One question I have, why don’t we try Roberts on the left and Enzio on the right so it would suit their preferred foot? A bit radical I know but it could see more balls put into the box.
    The manager likes his wingers to cut inside rather than get chalk on their boots. I agree that mixing it up a bit wouldn't hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    The manager likes his wingers to cut inside rather than get chalk on their boots. I agree that mixing it up a bit wouldn't hurt.
    I think the two players in question prefer to do this also as it opens up scoring opportunities for them both on their stronger feet.

If, as I suspect we start this game with the likes of Rubens, Enzio and Sam starting we are going to get beat.

I think the two players in question prefer to do this also as it opens up scoring opportunities for them both on their stronger feet.
    Pretty sure I've heard both players and Ardley mention in interviews that he wants wingers to play narrow and cut inside, but yes they might prefer it.

I would like to see them switch wings now and again to be honest.

Roberts must be unfit, but otherwise it looks a decent 4-4-2.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast