+ Visit Carlisle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: That Tom Hanks film.

That Tom Hanks film.

Where he crashed in a plane and got washed up on a remote island. He would check the beach for stuff that had been washed up.

Aside from that, when he got back to his wife, she stayed with her husband, even though she still loved him. In that position what would you have done? If you were the wife? He had to rebuild his life, he was at a crossroads literally, and had to decide which way to go. Weve all been there.

A Tree grows in Brooklyn shows how to move out of poverty. If you save a halfpenny weekly, it quickly grows, like a tree grows even if it is under concrete. When you move out of debt, its the beginning of wealth.

From there, i am pushing this book to wash up on your shore.

I have made an effort on your behalf, and it is available on amazon, it has top reviews. It is called the Instant Millionaire by Mark Fisher. It calls itself a tale of wisdom and wealth.

I have made an effort on your behalf, can you make one too.?

I know im patronising, and the chances of you doing anything are literally nought, maybe one will, thats enough. The poor never learn?, ??? Its not only about money, its about having the right mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Psaw View Post
    Where he crashed in a plane and got washed up on a remote island. He would check the beach for stuff that had been washed up.

Aside from that, when he got back to his wife, she stayed with her husband, even though she still loved him.

Because she still loved him surely?

Im sure she did, but she still loved the Tom Hanks character. Is it possible to love two people? surely one is loved more than the other.

What im saying is that she rejected the Tom Hanks character even though she still loved him dearly. She had children by the other man, and said that she could not disrupt their lives.

Could you do that? Know that your true love is there, in front of you? And walk away?

Im not sure i could.

Two people,you only mentioned the Tom Hanks character?
    I'm not a film watcher tbh and I've never seen it so that's maybe why I'm missing something with your post
    I've a bad past record with love as well you know Frank and have come to the conclusion that life isn't about a happy ending but merely a series of events

My favourite character was Wilson.

Tell you what Frank, I’ll buy the book if you give me the money.

Quote Originally Posted by griff View Post
    My favourite character was Wilson.
    Tell you what Frank, I’ll buy the book if you give me the money.
    What a wonderful film, and nobody other than Tom Hanks could have done it so well.
    As for Wilson the volleyball (his real name is Terry by the way, and he's got his own career these days as a male model lol). Maybe he should be the next US president.

Quote Originally Posted by Psaw View Post

Aside from that, when he got back to his wife, she stayed with her NEW husband, even though she still loved him. .

I've read up on the film and put in the v.i.t.a.l word that makes sense of what you said Frank,why did the unopened box save his life though,did the thought of delivering it stop him going mad or summat?

It's called Castaway Chalky, and your right it was the incentive he needed to survive and hand deliver that package one day. Which he did at the end and it belonged to that se*xy Texan bird who gave him directions.

I presumed it had been seen chalky.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)