+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Val Calls Simoes Out

Quote Originally Posted by Young_Nudger View Post
    He looks and sounds a mean nasty ****er does BIG VAL.
    I like him - this is the type that Barnsley fans appreciate.
    He looks the type that can lose his temper quickly and big style - let's hope he hasn’t got a gun.
    It's quite a divisive approach is this Nudge in this day and age and I can see both sides of it .

The intelligent coach needs to differentiate who needs the big stick and who needs to be loved to get the best out of the player .

It's pretty obvious Woodrow needs to be loved but take an equally talented forward as we had in Ricardo Vaz Te .

From what I've read Keith Hill was a bully and merciless with him when he first walked on the training ground as a trialist fresh from his release at Bolton Wanderers .

Vaz Te is one of the most gifted footballers I've seen in modern times at this club albeit for only five months .

Keef got the talent out of him and some players at the club took exception to Hill's methods .

From absolutely nothing Vaz Te scored the goals that took West Ham back to the PL including the winner in the Play Off Final .

My point is you have to get that balance right and in my opinion Val has enough experience in the game to make the decision who needs what when required .
    Last edited by animallittle3; 27-11-2020 at 08:29 PM.

Personally I'd have kept it in house. Stuff like this dunt need to be broadcast imo, Its unprofessional and disappointing from both parties.

Good point about Vaz Te Animal , he arrived on the Sunday Morning of that seasons Open Day, he had failed his trials up at Hibernian , no one seemed interested in him at all , he trialed at Oakwell , and Hill and Flicker rev italised him , fair means or foul it worked , the lad was brilliant to watch and scored some memorable goals for us too ,
    On the other side of the coin spun by the Cowboys ! Was the treatment to Lewin Nyatanga and Noble Lazarus , the same treatment dished out to Vaz Te didn't work on these 2 , Both their Careers suffered from it , a full Welsh International brought to tears and a nervous wreck by the time he departed , same applied to R N L , although I think the high expectations from many after Davey needlessly made him the youngest player ( to detract attention from his own failings ) left the lad a huge weight round his neck too, it's a fine line to draw who is right and who is wrong in these situations !!

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    Good point about Vaz Te Animal , he arrived on the Sunday Morning of that seasons Open Day, he had failed his trials up at Hibernian , no one seemed interested in him at all , he trialed at Oakwell , and Hill and Flicker rev italised him , fair means or foul it worked , the lad was brilliant to watch and scored some memorable goals for us too ,
    On the other side of the coin spun by the Cowboys ! Was the treatment to Lewin Nyatanga and Noble Lazarus , the same treatment dished out to Vaz Te didn't work on these 2 , Both their Careers suffered from it , a full Welsh International brought to tears and a nervous wreck by the time he departed , same applied to R N L , although I think the high expectations from many after Davey needlessly made him the youngest player ( to detract attention from his own failings ) left the lad a huge weight round his neck too, it's a fine line to draw who is right and who is wrong in these situations !!
    All about man management Roma , Hill was possibly a one trick pony which is why the best level he ever managed was us and he's managing Tranmere today with all due respect .

Val's made a decision with Simoes to play it this way and only time will tell of course whether that's the right approach .

With how he's started his tenure here in my opinion he has to be given the benefit of the doubt .

If he's getting the necessary results which to be honest is all in reality is what we really all care about then at least the benefit of the doubt has to be given .

We've always been a nice club Roma but sometimes in this game and especially at this level today a shytehouse gets you where you want to be .

Hill and Flicker ed nowt to lose wi the Vaz Te situation and they've admitted as much. Personally I wunt credit them two with the revival of Vaz Te's career. The player himself got off his arse and made it happen so i give credit to him.

Same wi Adam Hammill when he came back. Yes, this club gave him an opportunity and he took it, so did Vaz Te. Nubdy else wo interested in em.

Wiv tried this revival thing wi various problem players over the years. Many of em crawl back under their stone- Mido/Hugo Colace for instance in recent years.

Truth is, it's got to come from within the player to actually want to change their ways and knuckle darn. Of course different approaches from managers/head coaches can have an influence but let's be reight here, Hillcroft dint know their arse from their elbow when it came to working wi talented footballers. John Stones worth and ability bypassed their attention. Wi Vaz Te they left him on bench most games despite him clearly being a match winner and a class above owt else we had in that side.

I appreciate what Hill and Flicker did in keeping the club in the championship but wi all due respect they were lower league players and are lower league managers.

I've been impressed wi Valerie so far but this situation wi Simoes has surprised mi and cast some doubt on his man management skills. Tha nivver guz public under any circumstances wi internal affairs, its quickest way to lose thi players respect

Yeah I also believe in keeping it private, behind closed doors etc.
    But I am hoping summat good will come from this, even if it shows Val's ruthless side from now on, hopefully the players will know where they stand and to not cross the line with him.

Roma, I never knew that Nyatanga was hounded out of the club like that. And by messrs Hill & Flicker eh, the two who couldn't organise a thing in a brewery when they were together.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12