+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Capon, Goose or Turkey?

Which one would batman choose for his Xmas dinner?

Capon

I'll get mi coat

Quote Originally Posted by Godsend.F.C. View Post
    Pheasant for us with a small Pork joint.
    Never had Pheasant but was watching I'm a celeb last neet and they had it. Looks very chicken/ turkeyish to me. Sounded like the celebs enjoyed it as well. Dunno about you but the bigger and dafter the bird the more tasty meal it seems to make...

Quote Originally Posted by CASPER-64-FRANK View Post
    More than likely traditional Turkey although we left it too late to order a fresh one.
    Will probably have a large Beef or Pork.......
    And plenty of sprouts. ( Fresh ones not frozen ).
    When we had works do, we went out for a xmas dinner, my mate knew I loved sprouts, so he even ordered my xmas pudding & custard with sprouts on top, lovely.

Quote Originally Posted by CTMilller View Post
    We just have turkey breasts these days. Doing the whole bird is too much of a faff and we get tired of it way before the remains start to look messy and inedible.

Had excellent smoked turkey for Thanksgiving yesterday that my son in law did on his very fancy barbecue. That was excellent but twice a year is more than enough.
    Oh I don't know CT. A nice gobble more than twice a year is good for you. Oops, I've done what I told Roly not to do .

Quote Originally Posted by Ericsladkilnhurst View Post
    When we had works do, we went out for a xmas dinner, my mate knew I loved sprouts, so he even ordered my xmas pudding & custard with sprouts on top, lovely.
    I never understood why folks don't like sprouts or why they need to dress em up with bacon etc. Xmas day is not complete without a good post xmas dinner trumpet voluntary. Mind you our lass would disagree...

Every Xmas day my wife and I drink until about 4pm. Then stagger to Akbar’s have chicken liver tikka and a seafood Balti, waddle home and fall asleep.
    No mess, nothing over priced and menu is exactly the same.
    First time we did this about 15 years ago it was empty. Each year it has got busier to the point of full as people have caught on.

Then Boxing Day my grown up kids, their partners and the grandchildren come round for a home cooked turkey dinner with all the trimmings.

I love it.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Oh I don't know CT. A nice gobble more than twice a year is good for you. Oops, I've done what I told Roly not to do .
    The mind boggles or is it gobbles Brin!?

Mate used to say in the pub on Christmas day his dinner took 3 minutes & ping, he got Xmas dinner ready before going to the pub, then just put microwave on when he got home.

I had capon every Christmas because my dad used to insist it tasted better than turkey, and in my opinion he was right, it was delicious.
    He ordered his from a little farm in Upper Haugh and I used to drive him over there to collect it. It was a family tradition I suppose.
    Sadly i've not tasted capon since my dad died. In our house we now have a turkey and either a joint of beef or a leg of pork (and sometimes all three, ha-ha), mainly for the sandwiches on my birthday, Boxing day, loverleeeee.
    It's going to be very different this year though with all the restrictions because of covid, and it'll be a lot quieter in our house with no sons, daughters or grandchildren to liven the place up. Still, we must adhere to the rules I suppose, boo-hoo.

Quote Originally Posted by Miller Nez View Post
    I had capon every Christmas because my dad used to insist it tasted better than turkey, and in my opinion he was right, it was delicious.
    He ordered his from a little farm in Upper Haugh and I used to drive him over there to collect it. It was a family tradition I suppose.
    Sadly i've not tasted capon since my dad died. In our house we now have a turkey and either a joint of beef or a leg of pork (and sometimes all three, ha-ha), mainly for the sandwiches on my birthday, Boxing day, loverleeeee.
    It's going to be very different this year though with all the restrictions because of covid, and it'll be a lot quieter in our house with no sons, daughters or grandchildren to liven the place up. Still, we must adhere to the rules I suppose, boo-hoo.
    Memory is fading now but that could have been Reg Ellis' farm if it was across the road from the cricket ground.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast