+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: O/T Capon, Goose or Turkey?

Thought this was our forwards thread.

Quote Originally Posted by WanChaiMiller View Post
    Thought this was our forwards thread.
    and if they don’t pull their finger out soon they’ll be for the chop.....before Xmas

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    Memory is fading now but that could have been Reg Ellis' farm if it was across the road from the cricket ground.

Not sure of the name CAM but it wasn't near a cricket ground.
    I've most likely got it wrong by calling the place Upper Haugh. I'm talking about the area just up the road from Greasbrough, going towards Wentworth. The place was on the right hand side as you reached the top of the hill and went round a couple of bends in the road. I always called that area Upper Haugh, perhaps I've been calling it wrong all these years, ha-ha.

Quote Originally Posted by Miller Nez View Post
    Not sure of the name CAM but it wasn't near a cricket ground.
    I've most likely got it wrong by calling the place Upper Haugh. I'm talking about the area just up the road from Greasbrough, going towards Wentworth. The place was on the right hand side as you reached the top of the hill and went round a couple of bends in the road. I always called that area Upper Haugh, perhaps I've been calling it wrong all these years, ha-ha.
    Nez, that is Upper Haugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Nez, that is Upper Haugh.

Oh good, and thanks for the confirmation Brin, I wasn't sure.
    Thinking about it, if you continue along that road you come to the Marquis pub/restaurant and there's a cricket pitch not far away from there, so I'm now thinking that it's this that CAM's thinking of.

Quote Originally Posted by Miller Nez View Post
    Oh good, and thanks for the confirmation Brin, I wasn't sure.
    Thinking about it, if you continue along that road you come to the Marquis pub/restaurant and there's a cricket pitch not far away from there, so I'm now thinking that it's this that CAM's thinking of.
    ...and a new housing estate that more or less now goes as far as the cricket field boundary

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    ...and a new housing estate that more or less now goes as far as the cricket field boundary
    Correct, my Son lives on that estate, it's called the 'Wickets' estate. A building construction company have recently been given planning permission to build another estate across the road from this estate, and it will go all the way down to the bottom of the Warren Vale roundabout. That will be a massive estate.

As you go towards Wentworth (up the Whins as we called the road) from Greasbrough the first village you come to is Nether Haugh. Graysons had a farm there on the right hand side and they definitely sold turkeys, along with all sorts of other farm produce. I think they still have a farm shop. We used to get our eggs, potatoes and veg from there. I used to go from Greasbrough on my bike to collect our order. It was a long way up but a great ride back down. Going further on past the left turn to Wentworth the Barnsley road continues up to Upper Haugh and The Marquis pub which stands on the site of the old Stubbin colliery. Can't remember a farm there. Wow, this is taking me back a few years.

Quote Originally Posted by Lol'smate View Post
    As you go towards Wentworth (up the Whins as we called the road) from Greasbrough the first village you come to is Nether Haugh. Graysons had a farm there on the right hand side and they definitely sold turkeys, along with all sorts of other farm produce. I think they still have a farm shop. We used to get our eggs, potatoes and veg from there. I used to go from Greasbrough on my bike to collect our order. It was a long way up but a great ride back down. Going further on past the left turn to Wentworth the Barnsley road continues up to Upper Haugh and The Marquis pub which stands on the site of the old Stubbin colliery. Can't remember a farm there. Wow, this is taking me back a few years.
    You must be the kid they used for the hovis advert

I bet someone joins as a new poster under the name “lols other mate”

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast