+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Thread vs. Wealdstone 27.11.20 [NL]

Notts apparently had 27 shots on goal. That's a telling stat from tonight for this formation.

Wealdstone were chit and they've got no fans.

Best things about tonight for me:

We played direct football - I lost count of the number of 20 yard vertical passes in to feet or into space. Any sideways passing was done with tempo, and only because the forward pass wasn't on. As soon as it was on it went forward. A change of tactics from the manager? An advantage of the new formation?

We looked switched on - apart from all the ***y football, one passage of play stood out for me. After Rodrigues had the chance where he could've passed to Wootton, Enzio won a free kick down the right then went ballistic at Rodrigues for not passing. From the free kick Turner missed a chance and stood there with his hands on his head, so Rodrigues shouted and gestured to him to get back in defense, which he duly did at a sprint. Small things, but it just looked like a team that was at it mentally.

Ruben Rodrigues - I lost count of how many times he received the ball on the half turn then jinked and accelerated into space. He's mobile, he's skillful, he passes the ball well and he draws fouls. Just beats Sam for MOM in my book, although Sam is officially my new Notts cult hero ❤

The Three Amigos of tonight. Great pic [From Notts' Twitter account]

Name:  En3FDW0XEAE_ZTc.jpg
Views: 682
Size:  18.8 KB
    Last edited by SwalePie; 27-11-2020 at 10:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    Wealdstone were chit and they've got no fans.
    Or history

Quote Originally Posted by Carlton_Pie View Post
    Or history
    But they do have a long miserable bus ride home

As others have said, that was the first complete performance of the season. We could have scored five, restricted Wealdstone to very little - and did it all without the Geordie Messi.

Great team performance, but the two players I’d single out are Eli and Enzio.

I was one of a few on here who thought Eli looked hopelessly out of his depth in his first few appearances - which shows why you should never rush to judgment. If he can play at this level all season, he’s going to be a nightmare for defences.

Enzio took his goal really well, but the most encouraging thing for me was the shift he put in - epitomized by his pressing at the end, which helped set up the third goal for Jimmy Knowles.

Great stuff, Notts, and a terrific stream. Now onto the surreal spectacle of having fans in the ground at the next match. Let’s just hope we don’t revert to type against D&R - and also that Dagenham stream for game for away fans at least.

But but, I'm pretty sure I read on here that after he'd been here for 5 minutes, he was the new Mick Waitt, Gavin Gordon etc etc.

Wealdstone Who?
    we should be tearing teams like this a new ar5e h0le every week
    great win , credit where credit is due.
    well done Notts ( And Ardley)
    Same again for the next game please

Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast