+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Thread vs. Wealdstone 27.11.20 [NL]

5 mins indeed FL and the yokel jury had already made their decision before the season had even kicked off.

You know who you are. Shame on you, shame on you. Shame.

But on a positive note I'm sure all are delighted to have been proven wrong since he's made league appearances this term. It's very positive news especially with Roberts injury news not sounding good.

We’re also averaging three goals a game in our home matches, which is fantastic.

3-0 is my favourite score - maybe because it’s a nice comfortable win, but also because it’s so rare that we actually win a game 3-0. We normally manage it about once a season, based on my memory.

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    I think he always sounds flustered and can't quite get his words out - it's like listening to 90 minutes of my internal monologue if I turned up drunk and late to a job interview - but at 100% wins and no goals conceded you can't fault his stats!
    Mmm that's exactly it. His mouth seems to go at a different speed to his brain and he needs to realise that speaking more slowly and not filling every second with words can be a good thing. He sounds pretty young though, so that'll probably come with experience it also made me realise how good Charlie is at painting a picture of what's happening on the pitch.

All of that said, I reckon if he and John Thompson commentated for the rest of the season, we'd probably be promoted by February

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    Wealdstone were chit and they've got no fans.
    And part time. In fact our record against PT sides is pretty good 5-1 against Chorley and 4-0 against Woking last season. Can we play them every week?

Superb tonight, especially first half. Only one side really in it. Fair play to Wealdstone though, not many sides come to Meadow Lane and look to play anything that resembles a football match at this level - I can only really think of Barrow off the top of my head.

Notts stream remains a cut above anything else on offer in this division. Let’s hope we get out of this league ASAP and fans back in before the season is out.

Happy days.
    Cheers.

The difference of just changing JOB for RR was huge. Not blaming O'Brien but a midfield of Doyle Reeves and Jimbo is just too defensive. It changed us from a defensive three to two holders and RR behind the strikers.
    Never seen a player improve so much, so quickly as Sam. He must have worked like a dog this summer to gain so much stamina and core strength so quickly.
    Knowles looks not dissimilar to Dennis in his finishing. Knowles 2, Enzio 3, RR 2, Sam 2, Roberts 1, Wootton 5 I think. That's not bad for a team that's had a stop start season after 9 played.
    No negatives tonight, the worst you could say is that we could have scored five or six.

Quote Originally Posted by optipez View Post
    The difference of just changing JOB for RR was huge. Not blaming O'Brien but a midfield of Doyle Reeves and Jimbo is just too defensive. It changed us from a defensive three to two holders and RR behind the strikers.
    Never seen a player improve so much, so quickly as Sam. He must have worked like a dog this summer to gain so much stamina and core strength so quickly.
    Knowles looks not dissimilar to Dennis in his finishing. Knowles 2, Enzio 3, RR 2, Sam 2, Roberts 1, Wootton 5 I think. That's not bad for a team that's had a stop start season after 9 played.
    No negatives tonight, the worst you could say is that we could have scored five or six.
    Yes, I hope Ardley realises what attacking talent can do away from home as well. I may be proved wrong, but I think we would do well to give the opposition more to worry about on their patch too.

Quote Originally Posted by optipez View Post
    I mostly agree, and 3-0 really didn't do us justice. The only negative is that with the players we've got, why can't we seem to do this away?

Especially without fans, it's still just a grassy rectangle where 11 play 11, and the best 11 usually win.

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast