+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Thread vs. Wealdstone 27.11.20 [NL]

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    Apart from the worrying news on Cal Roberts, the only downside for me from that interview was Ardley saying that away from home "we need to show the same resilience we showed at Halifax and Chesterfield". I know we got 4 points from those two away games, but I think if we concentrated on our attacking flair more than our resilience, we will be more than a match for the vast majority of teams in this league.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Apart from the worrying news on Cal Roberts, the only downside for me from that interview was Ardley saying that away from home "we need to show the same resilience we showed at Halifax and Chesterfield". I know we got 4 points from those two away games, but I think if we concentrated on our attacking flair more than our resilience, we will be more than a match for the vast majority of teams in this league.
    I honestly think Ardley makes it too complicated away from home. We have by far the best set of attacking players in this league, let them have the bleddy ball as often as possible. Let’s not respect the point but look to get all three from the off in every match no matter where we are playing and offer some semblance of entertainment - like we managed tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    Thanks for the links hopefully Sam keeps on playing with confidence, listening to him sounds like the next match can't come soon enough COYP

Yep without going the full Moniz away from home non-league defenders should not be looking forward to playing Notts

will prove to be our best manager since Warnock, in a different way, the guys class and we will start moving up now and we will av a hiccup

Quote Originally Posted by matt_magpie View Post
    will prove to be our best manager since Warnock, in a different way, the guys class and we will start moving up now and we will av a hiccup
    Think Big Sam might disagree !

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    5 mins indeed FL and the yokel jury had already made their decision before the season had even kicked off.

You know who you are. Shame on you, shame on you. Shame.

But on a positive note I'm sure all are delighted to have been proven wrong since he's made league appearances this term. It's very positive news especially with Roberts injury news not sounding good.

God knows how many players have been destroyed by the yokel jury and then have then gone on to be successful at other clubs. I suppose you could apply that to many clubs.

Quote Originally Posted by matt_magpie View Post
    Best manager since Warnock my ass , currently the worse one since, and only balances the books if he gets us back to league 2, and then he has still wasted 2 years doing so

But it was a good to see Notts get a well deserved win for once, actually controlling a game, that was not in doubt in the closing stages , but can we do it consistent basis ??

It's going to be extremely tough to repeat such a complete comfortable professional and impressive performance on a week in week out basis.

Even without a crowd we clearly relax and play from great stuff at home, so definite home comforts. The limitations and approach of our opponents definitely assisted this, can't just repeat when away at a superior side. Saying all that the performance, the chances created, the goals scored should give a new level of confidence to be a little more ambitious away from home. That's all it will take IMO.

Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast