+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast

Thread: Match Thread vs. Wealdstone 27.11.20 [NL]

Not on the goals video of course but great to see Rodrigues congratulate the Wealdstone 'keeper after his superb double save. Sporting.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    Not on the goals video of course but great to see Rodrigues congratulate the Wealdstone 'keeper after his superb double save. Sporting.
    Here:

https://twitter.com/i/status/1332638761906221056

Actually I love the way Eli hits that shot. 6ins backlift = 100mph.
    Last edited by countygump; 29-11-2020 at 10:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    Here:

https://twitter.com/i/status/1332638761906221056

Actually I love the way Eli hits that shot. 6ins backlift = 100mph.
    Eli Sam = never a footballer

Never been able to do that myself, always jealous of footballers who can.

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    So we've gone from "week in and week" out to "more games". That's quite a shift driller and very easy to spot. Bid difference.

How have I repositioned myself, I know it doesn't in the world of NCM but everyone's viewpoint should evolve over time to some degree. Only a true yokel's doesn't.

Mine has slightly altered but overall I've been singing off the same hymn sheet for a long time now. No idea what hymn sheet you are using, or what your viewpoint is . You seem to comment on others more than provide your own and you are very good at it.
    Saying we can't expect that every week just seems a strange thing to say when we've had a good result and performance and everyone's on a high. I know you're keen to make sure everything Ardley does is seen in a good light, so you want to keep lowering expectations, but personally I'd expect us to batter plenty more of those teams who have probably 15% or 20% of our resources, and who knows maybe even against the ones that have 50% or 70%.

I've given my viewpoint on Ardley more times then I care to remember.

At the start of the season you were jumping on people who had doubts about Ardley and his tactics, saying they should wait until ten games. When we were on a bad run you yourself were pointing out problems with Ardley's tactics, still before the ten game mark.

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    Saying we can't expect that every week just seems a strange thing to say when we've had a good result and performance and everyone's on a high. I know you're keen to make sure everything Ardley does is seen in a good light, so you want to keep lowering expectations, but personally I'd expect us to batter plenty more of those teams who have probably 15% or 20% of our resources, and who knows maybe even against the ones that have 50% or 70%.

I've given my viewpoint on Ardley more times then I care to remember.

At the start of the season you were jumping on people who had doubts about Ardley and his tactics, saying they should wait until ten games. When we were on a bad run you yourself were pointing out problems with Ardley's tactics, still before the ten game mark.
    To be fair Driller if our players were playing to there potential every week then they wouldn’t be our players for long.
    We have players that ‘on there day’ are unplayable. The reason they are at Notts is that they are not consistent. Some might be good 1 in 3/4 others will be good 1 in 20. To expect consistent performances you would probably be better looking at other clubs.
    Though I do agree that we should be beating teams comfortably more often than not. That said we would sound dangerously like them over the Trent if we expect it.

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    To be fair Driller if our players were playing to there potential every week then they wouldn’t be our players for long.
    We have players that ‘on there day’ are unplayable. The reason they are at Notts is that they are not consistent. Some might be good 1 in 3/4 others will be good 1 in 20. To expect consistent performances you would probably be better looking at other clubs.
    Though I do agree that we should be beating teams comfortably more often than not. That said we would sound dangerously like them over the Trent if we expect it.
    If they are that consistent, then we really don't want them!

I reckon you need at least 8 who you know what you will get, and no more than 3 who are brilliant 'on their day'. And that needs to be far more than 1 in 20!

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    If they are that consistent, then we really don't want them!

I reckon you need at least 8 who you know what you will get, and no more than 3 who are brilliant 'on their day'. And that needs to be far more than 1 in 20!
    Come, come, MM, the words were 'on there day', also used was 'playing to there potential'.

Quote Originally Posted by LaxtonLad View Post
    Come, come, MM, the words were 'on there day', also used was 'playing to there potential'.
    Wheir did it say that?

Quote Originally Posted by Jeekay56 View Post
    Wheir did it say that?
    Sorry Jeekay56, that wasn't meant to you, it was a comment on the grammar on post 146.

Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast