+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 22 of 30 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Paisley dudes V AFC Match Thread

It's no surprise that our form has plummeted as soon as Watkins got injured and was replaced by Cosgrove.

When Watkins started - won 8 drew 2 lost 2 - agg score 24-11

When Cosgrove started - won 1 drew 2 lost 2 - agg score 5-8

We were also playing some lovely stuff with Watkins in the team but have reverted to last season's brutality with Cosgrove there

I realise that there is nothing we can do with him injured but it just shows the difference when we have an actual footballer up front

Quote Originally Posted by dons8321 View Post
    Which is fine if he's actually doing that but since Feb he can't even do that...he's got the first touch of a rapist, can't head the ball, can't hold it up and bring others into play, falls down a lot and gives away needless free kicks. Apart from that he's OK. Can't believe we could have got £2m for him...we'd be lucky to get £20k now.
    I completely agree with you and it wasn’t me that was complaining about we didn’t have any one in the box to put away chances when Watkins was playing up front.

The same people who were convinced we would be scoring for fun once Cosgrove was back in the team.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Zone View Post
    It's no surprise that our form has plummeted as soon as Watkins got injured and was replaced by Cosgrove.

When Watkins started - won 8 drew 2 lost 2 - agg score 24-11

When Cosgrove started - won 1 drew 2 lost 2 - agg score 5-8

We were also playing some lovely stuff with Watkins in the team but have reverted to last season's brutality with Cosgrove there

I realise that there is nothing we can do with him injured but it just shows the difference when we have an actual footballer up front
    Absolutely 100% correct. It was actually a joy to watch some of our football earlier in the season with Watkins up front, Hedges and Wright in behind and Hayes and Kennedy out wide. There are other factors, such as Wright being missing presently, and Hedges being shifted around various positions, but the big difference is Watkins out and Cosgrove in.

Cosgrove can't control the ball, or pass the ball. He doesn't work off the ball. He doesn't even score goals at the moment. And his presence in the team means we resort to hoofball far too often. Edmondson is probably marginally better at holding the ball etc, but he still induces the long balls which is detrimental to our overall game.

The other big miss is Wright. Hayes and Kennedy are wide players - they're different to Wright and not as effective through the centre.

So the big question is... how long are Watkins and Wright out for??

I think Hedges is missing Wright more than McInnes is. Scott Wright is a very decent player if played correctly. Player injuries over a season happen to most teams and we supposedly had a squad to deal with these events so why are we really struggling at the moment? Answer...The Anchor Man. Every one of us know he is on borrowed time. The sooner the axe falls the better. We can then hopefully look forward to playing the likes of St.Mirren in the league and cups.

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    I completely agree with you and it wasn’t me that was complaining about we didn’t have any one in the box to put away chances when Watkins was playing up front.

The same people who were convinced we would be scoring for fun once Cosgrove was back in the team.
    I still can’t believe our highflying chairman let him stay after being offered more than 50 times what we paid for him ........shrewd Dave real shrewd .
    We’ll never get that chance again .

Quote Originally Posted by pieandbovrilman View Post
    I still can’t believe our highflying chairman let him stay after being offered more than 50 times what we paid for him ........shrewd Dave real shrewd .
    As has been stated countless times, Cosgrove turned it down not the club.

Quote Originally Posted by ByeByeScum2012 View Post
    As has been stated countless times, Cosgrove turned it down not the club.
    Some people obviously dont read papers or club news,we accepted the offer,he refused to go and that was it

It's ok Newcastle will save the day.

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post

We should have told Cosgrove to piss off to France in the summer, I can’t see anyone coming in for him now.
    You might be surprised at this rico but I actually offered to pay for the chunt's one-way ticket to France and go with him myself to make sure he fkn stayed there.

Its funny to see him getting slated on here once again. I'm not one for saying I told you all so, but I did
    He was rank fkn rotten when we signed him, still fkn is and always fkn will be.

But hey ho what do i know.

Quote Originally Posted by pieandbovrilman View Post
    He didn’t.
    He accepted the bid, which was made abundantly clear at the time.
    Cosgrove turned it down as he had zero time to think about it & didn't fancy French League 2.

Page 22 of 30 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast