+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 23 of 30 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: Paisley dudes V AFC Match Thread

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    He didn’t.
    He accepted the bid, which was made abundantly clear at the time.
    Cosgrove turned it down as he had zero time to think about it & didn't fancy French League 2.
    Regardless of the politics behind it that was a big missed opportunity to bring in some serious cash for a player who is no more than average at best .
    Yes you can say they did the right thing by the player which is highly commendable but sometimes in life and particularly in business you have to have that ruthless streak, that streak or lack of it also has a lot to do with the fact we have won one league cup in 25 years .
    If we get a similar offer from down south in the next window then fair enough but I don’t think we’ll see an offer like that again .

Anyway if Newcastle come in for him let’s just get rid this time and make a bit of cash in the process.

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    He didn’t.
    He accepted the bid, which was made abundantly clear at the time.
    Cosgrove turned it down as he had zero time to think about it & didn't fancy French League 2.
    He shouldn’t have had the chance to turn it down,I think that’s the point some people are trying to make.

If he was told it was too good an offer to turn down and the club needed the money he wouldn’t be here.

Quote Originally Posted by blowupsheep View Post
    You might be surprised at this rico but I actually offered to pay for the chunt's one-way ticket to France and go with him myself to make sure he fkn stayed there.

Its funny to see him getting slated on here once again. I'm not one for saying I told you all so, but I did
    He was rank fkn rotten when we signed him, still fkn is and always fkn will be.

But hey ho what do i know.
    Cosgrove on the road out of Pittodrie?

Name:  E962B2DB-F0DF-4D2A-A15A-3A4E4DD78C12.jpg
Views: 315
Size:  20.8 KB

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    Cosgrove on the road out of Pittodrie?

Name:  E962B2DB-F0DF-4D2A-A15A-3A4E4DD78C12.jpg
Views: 315
Size:  20.8 KB
    Fkn hope so pal, I fkn hope so.
    We might even make a profit, our 20k back and a six pack of pickled onion flavor monster munch and we're on to a winner.
    Surely Steve Bruce is not that stupid, is he. I live in hope.

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    He shouldn’t have had the chance to turn it down,I think that’s the point some people are trying to make.

If he was told it was too good an offer to turn down and the club needed the money he wouldn’t be here.
    Bang on the money ......pleading impending financial doom one minute but letting that chance go by us doesn’t make any sense

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post

So the club just breaks Employment Law, tears up an agreed contract, ignores the protection that hard-won freedom of contract allowed players after a century of exploitation, and gives a not-very-good fitba player grounds for indefensible legal action? Farage or Trump would commission statues of you boys.

Thatcher would be so proud of her grandchildren, but she's deid, and although giving death the odd roon-the-corner sideways glance at my age, I'm nae. Yet. Me 1 That **** 0.

Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post
    So the club just breaks Employment Law, tears up an agreed contract, ignores the protection that hard-won freedom of contract allowed players after a century of exploitation, and gives a not-very-good fitba player grounds for indefensible legal action? Farage or Trump would commission statues of you boys.

Thatcher would be so proud of her grandchildren, but she's deid, and although giving death the odd roon-the-corner sideways glance at my age, I'm nae. Yet. Me 1 That **** 0.
    Our Team is more in common with Labourites .

Incompetent chancers , impossible to shift out & spending most of their time on sick leave.

Quote Originally Posted by Jussi View Post
    Our Team is more in common with Labourites .

Incompetent chancers , impossible to shift out & spending most of their time on sick leave.
    Yet, all the while, respecting workers’ rights, and legally-underwritten freedom of contract. ****ing commie *******s, eh? COYR.

What’s a “Labourite”, and why is this being brought in to a series of fallacious statements about the legal obligations of clubs to respect human and employment rights, significant indicators of semi-civilisation in an increasingly reactionary world?

Quote Originally Posted by blowupsheep View Post
    Fkn hope so pal, I fkn hope so.
    We might even make a profit, our 20k back and a six pack of pickled onion flavor monster munch and we're on to a winner.
    Surely Steve Bruce is not that stupid, is he. I live in hope.
    The 6 pack of monster munch would be enough to convince me to let him go at the moment.

Page 23 of 30 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast