+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 14 of 30 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: Paisley dudes V AFC Match Thread

Well I said on the Accies match thread that the only way we'd win tonight was a change in attitude. By christ we proved tonight that that hadn't happened. Forget the Lewis feck up at the end we were shambolic from front to back from start to finish. We got exactly what we deserved. Nothing. There is no desire there, no urgency, no leadership from anyone, nobody shouting at team mates driving them on urging them on. Easily our worst performance this season and for a good while. Yes we can make excuses about first team picks being unavailable but we should have the hunger, will to win and quality to win games like our last two despite whatever side we put out. Serious questions now need to be asked.

Someone just asked............... why did we pay £800K for Hernandez if he is literally never going to get on the park?, I've smelt sh!t e on this one fora while, Could be wrong but after Paul Barnard is he the second highest signing ever ? and DM wont play him ! sure DM is a **** but he surely knows who can play a wee bit o fitba, I think there is some swizzz going on with Cormark and the yanks... Mind U I've had a few

Quote Originally Posted by stewarty27 View Post
    Someone just asked............... why did we pay £800K for Hernandez if he is literally never going to get on the park?, I've smelt sh!t e on this one fora while, Could be wrong but after Paul Barnard is he the second highest signing ever ? and DM wont play him ! sure DM is a **** but he surely knows who can play a wee bit o fitba, I think there is some swizzz going on with Cormark and the yanks... Mind U I've had a few
    I've no issues with McInnes not playing him just because he cost £800k but that's not the issue. He might be pish but we will never know as he's hardly had a run out. He'd rather pick his favourites.

Ojo is pure pish and he gets a game.....how does that work
    At least let's see if Ronnie is pish
    Let's face it he cannot be worse than Ojo nobody is

Quote Originally Posted by ByeByeScum2012 View Post
    Spot on. That plus starting Ojo ever.
    The problem is there’s always a ready made excuse, key players out injured or COVID etc ......
    I know DM had a lot of credit in the bank with Milne but I’m not sure that will carry over with Cormack.
    Aye we’ve been unlucky with injuries and players out with COVID but should still have enough in this squad to beat the two bottom sides .
    That’s been an embarrassing few days for the club but we are still 3rd in the league so everything is fine .......that is the mentality that has kept McInnes at the club for over 7 years.

With 50 years + of following the dons I kinda thought I had seen most things both high and low, but seriously yesterday's spineless, gutless performance to a man, actually leaves me lost for fkn words.
    I'm nae a great admirer of that Cosgrove lad, but how the fk can he actually be granted with an assist for the McGinn goal when the ball actually ricocheted aff his erse as he again didna hay a fkn scooby doo fit was going on round about him and far he was supposed to be ffs. I actually think that might have been his only touch of the ball at all.

I'm nae blaming him single handedly not at all, but some of his "touches" in the last couple of games are sunday pub league level at the very best.

Humped by the huns with a gutless display, lucky to grab a point at the bottom of the league club, then papped out of the cup at the second bottom league club in space of a week, should be a sackable offence for any Aberdeen management team, words fkn fail me.
    Last edited by blowupsheep; 29-11-2020 at 09:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by blowupsheep View Post

Humped by the huns with a gutless display, lucky to grab a point at the bottom of the league club, then papped out of the cup at the second bottom league club in space of a week, should be a sackable offence for any Aberdeen management team, words fkn fail me.
    As Rob McLean keeps reminding us on red tv “the Dons have lost just 6 games this season - but 2 against rangers, 1 against Celtic and 1 against sporting Lisbon don’t really count. It’s only the Motherwell game (and now st mirren) that really matter... a draw at Hamilton seemed like 2 points dropped but the point keeps the dons above hibs in the battle for third this season...”

That’s the mindset of a lot at the club. It should be more like “pathetic performances against rangers twice, throwing away the lead against Celtic twice, falling apart against Motherwell in the first half, and spineless performances against Hamilton and st mirren are not good enough - we should have at least another 10 league points which would put us in a battle for 1st, not 3rd! And we should be going beyond the 1st round of the cup.”

We need more winners at this club.

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post
    As Rob McLean keeps reminding us on red tv “the Dons have lost just 6 games this season - but 2 against rangers, 1 against Celtic and 1 against sporting Lisbon don’t really count. It’s only the Motherwell game (and now st mirren) that really matter... a draw at Hamilton seemed like 2 points dropped but the point keeps the dons above hibs in the battle for third this season...”

That’s the mindset of a lot at the club. It should be more like “pathetic performances against rangers twice, throwing away the lead against Celtic twice, falling apart against Motherwell in the first half, and spineless performances against Hamilton and st mirren are not good enough - we should have at least another 10 league points which would put us in a battle for 1st, not 3rd! And we should be going beyond the 1st round of the cup.”

We need more winners at this club.
    Suggesting the Hibs games are big games does my chebs in. It's so it makes us look like we are doing much better than we are.

We haven't won a big game all season.

McInnes won't be sacked during 2021 because we simply cannot afford it financially.

Besides, the club and supporters have set the bar that 3rd (or 4th if it guarantees Europe) is entirety acceptable. We're currently 3rd in the League with second best start ever under McInnes.

I imagine if you go on Pie and Bovril (I haven't recently) the majority will be defending McInnes to the hilt and attacking anybody that criticises him, the players or the board.

For all Cormack's efforts, the club has a losers mentality inherited from the Milne years. The way we lost the recent Scottish Cup semi final without a fight said it all to me.

I don't think that mentality will change just because we replace McInnes. The whole culture of the club is one of also ran rather than challenger brand that Cormack tried to convince us during the Milne years.

The players don't fear a defeat us much as they do at the Ugly Sisters. As long as they have a high win percentage then that's good enough. We don't need to win the big games too. We've lost early in the Cup rounds before (Hearts twice and Dundee spring to mind) but McInnes will go on a little run in the league against the lesser teams and we'll carry on. It's basically Groundhog Day. We're experiencing the same type of season every year under McInnes. Acceptable mediocrity.

And forget the 2014 League Cup. Celtic losing against Morton at home and Sevco being a lower league team, and Hearts knocking themselves out left the Cup ours to lose (like we did with the Scottish Cup that same season).
    McInnes seems untouchable because of this flukey Cup win nearly seven years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    We haven't won a big game all season.
    Totally agree with that, and under the current leadership team we probably never will.

Time for change.
    Surely to fk DM's jacket is hinging on an afa shoogly peg and the clock is ticking.

tick tock

Page 14 of 30 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast