+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 30 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Paisley dudes V AFC Match Thread

Paisley dudes V AFC Match Thread

If we have anyone left standing (both in the squad and here), big game tomorrow.

About 9 months ago, we had a Saturday night kick off in Paisley in the Scottish Cup. Absolute bedlam in the bus going down and during the game, more shapes than a box of Lego.

But now, we are feeling a bit down. Well bugger it, come on McInnes, let’s play to win with our depleted squad.

To be fair, the only change I would make is Main out and McGinn in.

I still have Premier Sports from the awful semi final, so sorted.

2-1 AFC.

Not much confidence in the team available to win this one. We were lucky to get full points against them earlier in the season with a stronger team so it is hope rather than expectation tomorrow. Sad when you consider how bad the team we are playing have been.

Be positive, we will romp it. If we can’t beat the likes of St.Mirren then Cormack should definitely consider chucking it already as Dons chairman or make a swift managerial change. Absolutely no excuses tommorow...we supposedly very well backed our manager during the summer transfer window so I expect our best squad for a while to overcome the team from Paisley. 0-3 the Dons is my prediction.

Quote Originally Posted by sheepcrooky View Post

About 9 months ago, we had a Saturday night kick off in Paisley in the Scottish Cup. Absolute bedlam in the bus going down and during the game, more shapes than a box of Lego.

Last game l was at. It certainly was a good old fashioned pissed up, smell the alcohol in the air, away crowd.

St Mirren are useless. But I said the same about Hamilton, so who knows. We need to start playing football again rather than this long ball thing that's crept back in. We also need the central midfielders to be a bit more positive.

I'd go...

Lewis
    Hoban Taylor Considine
    Kennedy Ojo Campbell Leigh
    Hedges McGinn
    Cosgrove

That side should be more than capable of beating St Mirren.

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post
    St Mirren are useless. But I said the same about Hamilton, so who knows. We need to start playing football again rather than this long ball thing that's crept back in. We also need the central midfielders to be a bit more positive.

I'd go...

Lewis
    Hoban Taylor Considine
    Hedges McGinn
    Cosgrove

Sorry but a side with Campbell and Ojo in it doesn’t inspire confidence beating anyone in my humble opinion.

Lewis

Hoban Taylor Considine
    Hernandez McGinn Hedges Kennedy Leigh
    Main Cosgrove

Quote Originally Posted by ByeByeScum2012 View Post
    Sorry but a side with Campbell and Ojo in it doesn’t inspire confidence beating anyone in my humble opinion.

Lewis

Hoban Taylor Considine
    Main Cosgrove
    But a side with 3 wingers in central midfield does?! I’d rather not have Ojo in the team but can’t see another option if we’re playing 2 midfielders. Campbell is a bit inexperienced to play there on his own and he’s probably not 100% match fit yet either. And Greg Leigh has no positional awareness in central midfield. I hope we just play 1 big striker - having 2 up there instantly turns us into a horrific team to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post

I'd go...

Lewis
    Hoban Taylor Considine
    Hedges McGinn
    Cosgrove

AGREEd !! Need the back five)seven to pick the ball and run with it ?!! COYR !!!

Quote Originally Posted by ByeByeScum2012 View Post

Lewis

Hoban Taylor Considine
    Main Cosgrove
    A powder puff midfield behind two lumps of wood.
    That’ll work

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    A powder puff midfield behind two lumps of wood.
    That’ll work
    An attack minded set of players with some ability compared to others.

I think our best option with what we have left at the moment.

Go out and try and win the game, not phanny about with sideways and backward passes.

Page 1 of 30 12311 ... LastLast