+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone Going Away Over Xmas/New Year?

Quote Originally Posted by kettering_baggie View Post
    I wouldn’t mind going to Sweden, sounds like there’s a taste of freedom there. Apart from that, I’d just like go to bed, turn off the light and wake up in April.
    Sweden is going through it at the moment, Swedish is better placed to inform on that country I guess. Will we be in any better place by April. They reckon all over 50’s over here will have been vaccinated by May 22. Not sure I will actually happen though as a fair few are not sure about the vaccines readiness.

Quote Originally Posted by kettering_baggie View Post
    I wouldn’t mind going to Sweden, sounds like there’s a taste of freedom there. Apart from that, I’d just like go to bed, turn off the light and wake up in April.
    You’re welcome Mike! 😊

Just arranged to meet up with 2 of the kids and partners on which ever day the weather permits for a BBQ and picnic on Hove Beach. Seafood platter for starters and then a steaks for 5 and something for the veggie.

Not a turkey in sight at any time.

We usually have our daughter, our son and their families around for Christmas day but won't be this year even though they live local. We all agree not to take any chances. Should save me a few quid as well!

We always have a big family dinner, either at ours or the sister in laws.
    This year it will just me and my wife, we have been careful since March just got to keep it going till it's safe.

We usually have my sister in law for Xmas Day but I’ve told her the only fat bird that doesn’t move at our house this year will be the turkey.

That said, from what I’ve heard she’s not averse to having an onion shoved up her a r s e!

Quote Originally Posted by holmleighchris View Post
    We usually have our daughter, our son and their families around for Christmas day but won't be this year even though they live local. We all agree not to take any chances. Should save me a few quid as well!

I get everyone being sensible and I too take this approach but as one lady said to me - I want to take this risk and see all my family and grandchildren as in life you never know - it could be the last Christmas anyway.

I gave this some thought - she’s so so right! Life in my book is for living. We have friends who rarely go on holiday and throw a lot of their money into savings. We are the opposite we go on many holidays - enjoy life and take the view - money is of little benefit to you when 6 feet under.

When my mum passed - I didn’t expect a penny and did not want a penny so gave it all away to the kids. You build your own life and too many people are reliant on mummy and daddy’s fortune. I have bought previous probate properties and the kids fight over lightbulbs and fixtures and fittings. I just think sad t ossers!
    Last edited by baggieal; 29-11-2020 at 08:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    We usually have my sister in law for Xmas Day but I’ve told her the only fat bird that doesn’t move at our house this year will be the turkey.

That said, from what I’ve heard she’s not averse to having an onion shoved up her a r s e!
    That's a very liberal household you live in if you can 'have your sister in law on Xmas Day'

I've never been anywhere or with anyone over Xmas that I didn't want to be with and I'd like to think no one has been in our company that didn't want to be there. My mate has spent the last 30 Xmas staying at his sis in laws and hates it. Since being married my eldest feels compelled to go to his wife's aunties every other year although neither want to go. Many years ago had a minor row with my wife's sister on Boxing Day never seen them over Xmas since.

Having put the image in your head of you having your sister in law at Xmas how long do you think it will take before you can rid yourself. Easter?

Quote Originally Posted by 9goals2hattricks3pen View Post
    That's a very liberal household you live in if you can 'have your sister in law on Xmas Day'

I've never been anywhere or with anyone over Xmas that I didn't want to be with and I'd like to think no one has been in our company that didn't want to be there. My mate has spent the last 30 Xmas staying at his sis in laws and hates it. Since being married my eldest feels compelled to go to his wife's aunties every other year although neither want to go. Many years ago had a minor row with my wife's sister on Boxing Day never seen them over Xmas since.

Having put the image in your head of you having your sister in law at Xmas how long do you think it will take before you can rid yourself. Easter?
    My sister in law is huge and it’s not something I’d want to visit on a carnal basis.

Back in 1986 I was out with a couple of lads I hadn’t known very long and we ended up at a place near Kidderminster called Westley Court which ran a disco which was known to attract mature women rather than t e e n a g e r s.

As we sat there surveying what was available on the menu two younger ladies walked in, both obviously in their 20’s and all Male heads in the room turned in unison.

I turned to my new mate Tim and said to him,

“ I could bone either of that pair”,

He replied......” can I ask a favour, could you do the one on the right because I’m married to the one on the left “ 🤭😳🤭

He was married to my wife’s sister at the time!

Back in those days she was a size 8 and looked liked Princess Diana, she’s now a size 20 and looks like a warthog.

Thankfully my wife remains the same size as she was in 86 and every bit as attractive.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post

Thankfully my wife remains the same size as she was in 86 and every bit as attractive.
    How nice to be able to say that. Ditto

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)