+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone Going Away Over Xmas/New Year?

Anyone Going Away Over Xmas/New Year?

I’m not allowed to travel into Wales so I’m looking at Cornwall and Harrogate.

I presume I’m allowed to travel to a English holiday destination as long as I don’t intend to enjoy myself too much whilst I’m there!?

Anyone else got plans?

Not unless they come for me.

I didn’t think that you were supposed to go somewhere that is in a lower tier than where you live? The rules around pubs are just ridiculous; I am in tier two, I can go to a pub that serves ‘substantial’ meals, I have to sit at a table and be served the food and drink. So what is the difference to be in a pub, no food, but be sat a table with drinks that are brought to you? I would have to sit a a different table to my mates but we could still talk as there only needs to be a couple of yards between us. Also, what is the difference between having a meal cooked in the pub to having one delivered from a takeaway? Apparently, having a takeaway in the pub is not allowed! **** ‘em!

Quote Originally Posted by kettering_baggie View Post
    I didn’t think that you were supposed to go somewhere that is in a lower tier than where you live? The rules around pubs are just ridiculous; I am in tier two, I can go to a pub that serves ‘substantial’ meals, I have to sit at a table and be served the food and drink. So what is the difference to be in a pub, no food, but be sat a table with drinks that are brought to you? I would have to sit a a different table to my mates but we could still talk as there only needs to be a couple of yards between us. Also, what is the difference between having a meal cooked in the pub to having one delivered from a takeaway? Apparently, having a takeaway in the pub is not allowed! **** ‘em!
    Harrogate is tier two same as Wyre Forest that I come under Kets.

So I’m allowed to go there but not to a tier one area such as Cornwall.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    Harrogate is tier two same as Wyre Forest that I come under Kets.

So I’m allowed to go there but not to a tier one area such as Cornwall.
    As long as you keep to 23rd December - 27th December period tiers don’t come into it.

We are doing (the boss and me) a 320 mile trip on 27th December back to The Midlands to see my Mum as we have had to cancel several trips for her to come up here due to Covid. She is on the vulnerable list and in her 90s so too risky to do much else and still going to be a flying visit even then of no more than a couple of hours plus 6 hours travel!

Trying to manage what is obviously still a risk as much as we can because we have only been able to speak to her daily on the phone. Not ideal but the alternative is to wait until probably after Easter. Discussed bringing her here for the Christmas period and taking her back but just because we can doesn’t mean we will. The risks in our opinion are too great for her.

Not going off island, too risky with the way things stand and would have to isolate for 14 days upon return. Should have been off for a celebration trip in December to the Canneries, Jersey, even thought of the Isle of Man but that air bridge has been closed due to small outbreaks in both islands, so that’s not happening now. Missing holidays but can’t see us getting off on holiday next year either. So it will be Christmas Day with the kids and grandkids. Luckily we all do get on. (Well so far we have).

We are so blessed over here as it stands but that could change any time, so no one is being complacent.

On a separate note, for all those that dislike Jeremy Peace, Jersey are in a right royal mess with C19, so JP is no better off in his Jersey mansion than the UK is. Thought that might cheer some up.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarmbaggie View Post
    As long as you keep to 23rd December - 27th December period tiers don’t come into it.

We are doing (the boss and me) a 320 mile trip on 27th December back to The Midlands to see my Mum as we have had to cancel several trips for her to come up here due to Covid. She is on the vulnerable list and in her 90s so too risky to do much else and still going to be a flying visit even then of no more than a couple of hours plus 6 hours travel!

Trying to manage what is obviously still a risk as much as we can because we have only been able to speak to her daily on the phone. Not ideal but the alternative is to wait until probably after Easter. Discussed bringing her here for the Christmas period and taking her back but just because we can doesn’t mean we will. The risks in our opinion are too great for her.
    Hard decisions Yarmbaggie when it comes to elderly loved ones, particularly parents and grandparents. I admire the view you take about minimising the risks to keep them safe. Hope you get to see your Mum for a few hours at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarmbaggie View Post

The tier system does come into it for me.

My elderly mum visits and stays with my cousins in her home town of Harrogate from the 27th December each year so my travel starts on the day the exemption period ends.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    I’m not allowed to travel into Wales so I’m looking at Cornwall and Harrogate.

I presume I’m allowed to travel to a English holiday destination as long as I don’t intend to enjoy myself too much whilst I’m there!?

Anyone else got plans?

First Christmas that we can remember for not travelling overseas so we are off to Filey for 4 days from 23rd.

I wouldn’t mind going to Sweden, sounds like there’s a taste of freedom there. Apart from that, I’d just like go to bed, turn off the light and wake up in April.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)