+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Stevie Thommo

Of all the people

Now harshly sacked from his job as "football pundit" ( a generous term) at BBC Radio Lincolnshire I'm sure he has a Plan B lol

Quote Originally Posted by Glad2BeAPie View Post
    It's the Sun say no more
    It's in the Irish Mirror as well .

I hope there is more to this than meets the eye.

On the face of it this is completely ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    If anyone argues with a "handy day luggage" title, I will finally have to admit defeat.
    I really object. "Night time matters" and I don't see why that should be excluded. All nocturnals to meet at the Old Market Square, just before sunset* with their luggage and show those diurnals who's boss.

*If you can't make it at sunset there is a second attempt at daybreak.

All Owls are we.

Apparently he is to be reinstated after a period of reflection in the new year. It's absolutely bonkers. All complaints should be based on a ratio or percentage of complaints to listeners/viewers. If 2 people complain out of a listening base of say 3,000, the 2 get told to grow up. If it's akin to 1500 of 3000 listeners, then maybe start looking into it.

Someone will always be offended, the other day, a vegan said the new covid vaccines breached his human rights as they contained animal products...

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    Apparently he is to be reinstated after a period of reflection in the new year. It's absolutely bonkers. All complaints should be based on a ratio or percentage of complaints to listeners/viewers. If 2 people complain out of a listening base of say 3,000, the 2 get told to grow up. If it's akin to 1500 of 3000 listeners, then maybe start looking into it.

Someone will always be offended, the other day, a vegan said the new covid vaccines breached his human rights as they contained animal products...
    And we have some religions complaining that efforts are being made to open up Christmas, and Christmas services but they were denied the rights to group meet up. One religion is as always the bigger victim.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    The reponse was "if god didn't want us to eat pigs, why did he make them taste of bacon"?
    The version I heard was "If God didn't want us to eat animals, why did he make them out of meat?" Slightly more generic, but they're both equally funny.

Here's the thread from the Lincoln forum about 'Thommogate'.

It looks like it might have been because he said someone 'should've been wearing a skirt'. Some Lincoln fans seem to think he was a dinosaur who had it coming, some think he has been treated unfairly.

https://forums.*************.co.uk/t...thommo.110448/

The name of the forum is a synonym of 'crucial' so will probably get asterisked out.

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    Here's the thread from the Lincoln forum about 'Thommogate'.

It looks like it might have been because he said someone 'should've been wearing a skirt'. Some Lincoln fans seem to think he was a dinosaur who had it coming, some think he has been treated unfairly.

https://forums.*************.co.uk/t...thommo.110448/

The name of the forum is a synonym of 'crucial' so will probably get asterisked out.
    And the fact that you can't say V1tal, Skunthorpe, tene etc is just about as stupid as the 'Thommogate' issue.

Not enough gropes (anybody remember that Startrek episode?) and too many snowflakes.

I didnt realise that feminist extremists lived in the fens but they all need shooting for sport. And then skinning and made into hand bags.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast