+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Stevie Thommo

Has anyone from the BBC actually confirmed he’s been suspended for using the term ‘handbags’?

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    Has anyone from the BBC actually confirmed he’s been suspended for using the term ‘handbags’?
    He was not an employee as such so they won't he was just contracted for games. Don't expect a statement other than the usual verbatim crap.

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    He was not an employee as such so they won't he was just contracted for games. Don't expect a statement other than the usual verbatim crap.
    Oh right, isn’t it a bit hard to suspend or sack someone you don’t actually employ? Like I said before, more to this than handbags, but it’ll give the #defundthebbc wallahs more ammunition anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    And we have some religions complaining that efforts are being made to open up Christmas, and Christmas services but they were denied the rights to group meet up. One religion is as always the bigger victim.
    Isn't it a case though that the reason they want to 'open up' Christmas is not really religious, but rather a time that families come together, shops do their biggest trade etc. Sadly imo the religious aspect isn't what is driving this.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    Oh right, isn’t it a bit hard to suspend or sack someone you don’t actually employ? Like I said before, more to this than handbags, but it’ll give the #defundthebbc wallahs more ammunition anyway.
    If it's not sacking or suspending, what word would you use instead?

Isn't sacking someone to dispense with their services?

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    Isn't it a case though that the reason they want to 'open up' Christmas is not really religious, but rather a time that families come together, shops do their biggest trade etc. Sadly imo the religious aspect isn't what is driving this.
    The complaints were coming from those who saw it as religious favoritism though. Never miss an opportunity to play a down trodden victim if you can get mileage from it. Even my granddaughter thought it was unfair until she thought about it a bit longer having had a bit of a chat about it.

Apparently it was for a triple whammy of 'handbags', saying 'the referee's wife must be in' (presumably after playing a lot of injury time?), and calling a player a drama queen and saying he should be wearing a skirt. He was warned in 2018 about his language.

The BBC has confirmed that handbags is against its guidelines though.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.mir...n-23082063.amp

All he was trying to do was be funny on the airwaves, that was his best attribute as a manager too

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    If it's not sacking or suspending, what word would you use instead?

Isn't sacking someone to dispense with their services?
    I’d say sacking someone involves unilaterally terminating their contract of employment. If you’re not using a freelancer anymore, you’re just not using them anymore and apparently they’re not even doing that on a permanent basis.

I’ve quite liked Thommo when I’ve heard him as a summariser and I hope they do bring him back.

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    Apparently it was for a triple whammy of 'handbags', saying 'the referee's wife must be in' (presumably after playing a lot of injury time?), and calling a player a drama queen and saying he should be wearing a skirt. He was warned in 2018 about his language.

The BBC has confirmed that handbags is against its guidelines though.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.mir...n-23082063.amp
    How utterly disgusting! Should be hung drawn and quartered, or has that practice been banned too?

If the BBC don't watch their step I might well decide they don't warrant being funded by my TV licence renewal. Snowflakes ramming PCism down our throats.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast