+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Chien Lee close to buying AS Nancy

Chien Lee close to buying AS Nancy

According to our exclusive information, AS Nancy Lorraine could be sold in the coming days to a well-known businessman in French football ...

AS Nancy Lorraine supporters have lost count of the buyout plans that have marked the club's life in recent years. Until recently, the Emirati investment fund "City Group" was very close to finalizing the acquisition of the Lorraine club, before finally turning to ESTAC. As le10sport.com revealed, City Group emissaries wanted to bargain down the price of ASNL after the arrival of the Covid, which they said was redistributing the cards.

But this time, it looks like Nancy is close to closing her sale. According to our sources, the Chinese-American businessman, Chien Lee, (founder of NewCity Capital) would have been very close to acquiring the club. After opening official negotiations with Toulouse Football Club earlier this year, Chien Lee is said to have turned to Nancy this time. To see if everything will come full circle in the final sprint of the negotiations, but the file would be well underway.

As a reminder, Chien Lee and NewCity Capital have already invested in several clubs in Europe (Barnsley, England - FC Thun Switzerland) and also led OGC Nice for three seasons before reselling its shares to Ineos.

Ilevv moor club's than Tiger Woods soowin !

Barnsley Boys are back in tarn again.

Ostend Boys are back in tarn again.

Thun Boys are back in tarn again

Nancy Boys are back in tarn again.
    Last edited by SBRed48; 28-11-2020 at 09:22 AM.

Try as I might I cannot for the life in me understand the business strategy of a consortium of billionaires owning a collection of small European clubs .

I'm drawn towards the Red Bull organisation who own New York , Leipzig and Salzburg but these are clubs who have received significant investment and two of em compete in the Champions League .

There's also the brand awareness playing out here and the promotion of their product .

You have to remind yourself that this is about making money but seeing how they can make money owning several small European clubs without investing significantly in to them is totally beyond me .

Beyond me too Animal , i can only think it may be for buying up the Land that these ground's stand on ,
    All quiet on Grove street regarding the acquisition of Oakwell ??

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    Beyond me too Animal , i can only think it may be for buying up the Land that these ground's stand on ,
    All quiet on Grove street regarding the acquisition of Oakwell ??
    Gone very quiet as that Roma , James Cryne still working at the club as normal according to what Spud said the other week .

You'd hope it will be settled amicably but that doesn't appear to be how these things play out with these owners .

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    Barnsley Boys are back in tarn again.

Ostend Boys are back in tarn again.

Thun Boys are back in tarn again

Nancy Boys are back in tarn again.
    Nancy Boy's , cantha call em that these days !! A see rainbow laces / corner flag's / microphones etc arr art this weekend ageeun , sumdis mekkin sum money from all these badges an merchandise

Can tha remember that fast chant--followed by rapid clapping.

Used on away days to signify a contingent of fans had arrived in the away tarn, train station, away end. Tha dunt hear it much nardays. The Nancy fans were struggling with it.

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    Can tha remember that fast chant--followed by rapid clapping.

Used on away days to signify a contingent of fans had arrived in the away tarn, train station, away end. Tha dunt hear it much nardays. The Nancy fans were struggling with it.
    Arr follard wi barnslee boys steel capped booits an corduroys yor gunna get yor fkin earrds kicked in