+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Papering over the cracks

Reading that last sentence warms my heart. There is hope yet

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    These wins are just papering over the cracks. We can't have a run of winning because it keeps Ardley in his job for longer. Let's face it if he'd lost the last couple we could be saying goodbye to him now and look forward to next saviour (or is that victim?). Instead he'll be here till at least Christmas now, and another win or two might mean he'll be here over the transfer windows (from higher clubs that is) and then we'll be stuffed until Easter by which time the season will nearly be over and it'll be too late to get rid bearing in mind that the season won't have been a disaster and there won't be that much left to run on his contract.

Thankfully I'm not an owner and don't have to make the decision on a man who's barely got a 50% win ratio. They now a swallow, or two, does not make a summer - or maybe that phrase doesn't exist in Scandinavia.
    What a ridiculous attitude, surely this is a wind-up. Wins papering over cracks, hoping for a losing run so the manager gets the sack....Never heard such garbage....Absolutely must be a wind-up and I'm being stupid to react!

Quote Originally Posted by JockPie View Post
    What a ridiculous attitude, surely this is a wind-up. Wins papering over cracks, hoping for a losing run so the manager gets the sack....Never heard such garbage....Absolutely must be a wind-up and I'm being stupid to react!
    I read it as tongue-in-cheek.

... what's interesting is that with Turner in the side you will notice that he mostly plays a longer pass upfield. This could be because he appreciates his own limitations when playing the shorter pass/game and/or his own personal fears about his tendency to c ock-up. However, the result is that the forward players know what's coming and react/up the pace accordingly. Hey-presto, we play some attractive vibrant football. It's called turning a weakness into an advantage. COYP

Quote Originally Posted by Davy500 View Post
    No surprise i echo these sentiments, Ardley does just enough to keep his job, , different circumstances like a loss to stockport if the game had gone ahead, and the loss we deserved against chesterfield and he is gone,

Ardley shows promise as in last night but never keeps it going long enough , the hope for me being given that it seems like waiting a lifetime for Ardley to finally get it right , given he has been given more time than most managers , surely by the law of averages it has to come ??

I think we would have been no worse off with any other manager, possibly better off, in all off the 3 seasons Ardley has been here

Think we just got to accept, Ardley will be here to the end of the season, and hope he can get us promoted , for me its not likely, but not impossible

Absolutely no surprise that you echo those sentiments. Another ruined weekend for you.

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    I read it as tongue-in-cheek.
    He's new (Trialist) and presumably he's a Scot. Don't be too harsh.

Quote Originally Posted by JockPie View Post
    I think you have answered your own question Jock

The only paper that might be relevant is a new contract for Neal Ardely.

After 9 games we have the same record (W5 D1 L3) as McParland began the Munto season with.

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    After 9 games we have the same record (W5 D1 L3) as McParland began the Munto season with.
    Interesting stat
    IBut i'm not sure what this is meant to mean though?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast