+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Papering over the cracks

I don't believe it!!

If that's the case , if that's how you feel the owners will act why all the incessant moaning and getting in a strop on here?

No wonder you want Notts to go on a losing run.

Would be interesting to know where our player budget sits next to other teams. Stockport signed a few players and are tipped to do well, Wrexham have new owners, I imagine we're probably in the top 3 but only 2 go up. It's a hard league to get out of, only Orient in recent times have done it straight away and the likes of Mansfield and Luton took 5 years, the likes of Wrexham, Chesterfield and Stockport still haven't even with probably more resources then most.

I'm still pro Ardley despite the relegation, my gut just tells me he's a decent manager and is also a very good match for the owners and their ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    I don't believe it!!

If that's the case , if that's how you feel the owners will act why all the incessant moaning and getting in a strop on here?

No wonder you want Notts to go on a losing run.
    Because we as supporters generally feel that Notts being in the National League is un acceptable, i am just pointing out that the owners may see things differently, as they stand to gain more having brought the club as a national league outfit

Me going on a strop, thought that was you, if anybody says anything bad about your beloved Ardley ....

Quote Originally Posted by matt_magpie View Post
    Would be interesting to know where our player budget sits next to other teams. Stockport signed a few players and are tipped to do well, Wrexham have new owners, I imagine we're probably in the top 3 but only 2 go up. It's a hard league to get out of, only Orient in recent times have done it straight away and the likes of Mansfield and Luton took 5 years, the likes of Wrexham, Chesterfield and Stockport still haven't even with probably more resources then most.

I'm still pro Ardley despite the relegation, my gut just tells me he's a decent manager and is also a very good match for the owners and their ideas.
    Actually in correct- Orient spent 2 seasons in the National League , but true in the sense that it is a hard league to get out of, mainly because only 1 team up automatically

Ardley has been a very poor manager , he has repeated the same mistakes continously that relegated us, to this season, . however due to my earlier reasons i agree he is a very good match for the owners

The owners said first season consolidation and second was a push for promotion. If Rodriguez and Sam (essentially replacements for Dennis and Booty) can sustain the levels of recent performances I think we're going to do well. Reeves is a better player than Rose and all the players have been together now longer should mean we should improve on last season, barring an injury crisis.

Hopefully that will be the case, an improvement on last season means us finish 1st or 2nd, or more realistically win the play offs, i would accept any path to promotion
    This season to date, we have seemed like a jackel and hide outfit, one week we can play very well, to be so poor at the next game. Champions have to consistent through out the season

Quote Originally Posted by Davy500 View Post
    Ardley has been a very poor manager , he has repeated the same mistakes continously that relegated us, to this season, . however due to my earlier reasons i agree he is a very good match for the owners
    So you are in fact blaming the owners for having lower expectations than you and all is fans? Ok gotcha. If you had just said that earlier we could have saved so much time.

Hopefully that will be the case, an improvement on last season means us finish 1st or 2nd, or more realistically win the play offs, i would accept any path to promotion
    This season to date, we have seemed like a jackel and hide outfit, one week we can play very well, to be so poor at the next game. Champions have to consistent through out the season
    I quite like jackel but agree I can't stand hide. Less hide and we should be ok.

Okay I admit it. When we win it's down to me, and it's Ardley's fault when we lose.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast