+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Papering over the cracks

Quote Originally Posted by Davy500 View Post
    Why despair because that is exactly what will have happened. I will then despair, if some on here then try say Ardley is the best manger ever

I have already stated that if he gets us promoted, he has just balanced the books, cancelling the relegation he caused, all be it having wasted 2 years. Hey we could call it Ardley,s round trip lol

The game completely changes then, because Ardley will then deservedly get a new 2 or 3 year contract. With the momentum from going up, we can push on, and finally see how good Ardley really is ..
    I just like to look forward, that mindset would easily give way to negativity.

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    We probably won't have to worry about that scenario sadly. Obviously could happen and we (nearly) all want it happen but the odds are against us.

After all we are too jackel and hide under Ardley in NL.
    Lol

Quote Originally Posted by crazyfists View Post
    We normally agree on most things mate but it would be abit negative for me having obviously done well to get up. Would be factually correct though granted.
    I just can't forget the tame way we surrendered our Football League place. I know that some think Ardley had an impossible task keeping us up, but that's not the way I see it at all. For me he has to get us promoted to atone for his part in our relegation.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    For me he has to get us promoted to atone for his part in our relegation.
    To be fair to him and listening to those interviews he made a week or so ago regarding his two years at Notts, he would probably agree with you himself.

Oooooooo and opportunity to debate whether Ardley was or wasn't the main reason we got relegated that season for the 47th time since that Swindon game.

Yayyyyyyyy :/ a subject we just haven't covered comprehensively enough on here

I just can't forget the tame way we surrendered our Football League place. I know that some think Ardley had an impossible task keeping us up, but that's not the way I see it at all. For me he has to get us promoted to atone for his part in our relegation.
    True it was a sad sight to see, I even wrote them a letter I've never done that before supporting Notts. If we go up though this season then I'm going to try and give him the benefit of the doubt even if things don't work sometimes as I'll be over the moon to be out this league as we all will. I don't think I'll manage it though, we'll see ha ha.

This season promotion is a must for me, if it's not looking likely then I'd want to change manager to give it a go.

If we are promoted, then although we will be in same league we were, at least I think we'll be in a better overall position as a club, ownership than we were, and will be well placed.

Of course, it's two years 'lost' but I have to say that if I am honest, although I obviously would like to see us in the league, the horror that some seem to feel that Notts County are shamefully in non-league doesn't bother me. I'm just as excited that it looks like we might push for promotion from this league than I was when we were pushing for promotion from L2. I still get the buzz going to ML that I always have, since 1972.

Some might say that I'm easily pleased, I'd rather look at it that we're Notts County whatever league, if we win a game - great, if we don't, there's always next time. Of course I don't always like the way we play, or team selection, sometimes I haven't liked the manager ... but just supporting my club over-rides them all.

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    If we are promoted, then although we will be in same league we were, at least I think we'll be in a better overall position as a club, ownership than we were, and will be well placed.
    I would agree with that, although my optimism would be more down to owners than manager.

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    Of course, it's two years 'lost' but I have to say that if I am honest, although I obviously would like to see us in the league, the horror that some seem to feel that Notts County are shamefully in non-league doesn't bother me. I'm just as excited that it looks like we might push for promotion from this league than I was when we were pushing for promotion from L2. I still get the buzz going to ML that I always have, since 1972.
    I can agree with that 100%. The matchday feeling when we score is exactly the same for me in Tier 5 as it was at the top level.

I would agree with that, although my optimism would be more down to owners than manager.

I can agree with that 100%. The matchday feeling when we score is exactly the same for me in Tier 5 as it was at the top level.
    Well we must all be mad dogs, because true we will keep supporting the club no matter what league, and i must admit i loved Lee hughes goals , as much as Tommy Johnsons , even though their was a 2 division difference most of the time

The only advantage in the top 2 tiers, was the ground was much nearer to capacity, giving a better match day atmosphere, especially when we scored

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456