+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Player Ratings versus Wealdstone

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    High scores IMHO.
    Yeah, they always are, and the NEP's are always too 'political'. The best ratings are always on here.

Yours are on the money...but would give Rodrigues 8 as well as Sam. I can't wait until Ardley stops taking him off for O'Brien. When he's good for 90 mins he's going give the opposition even more trouble.

My debut but this time I am just as qualified as anyone so go easy on me please. I promise I won't do another until I'm finally back in the UK.Ultimately the most impressive thing is not a lot of stand outs but a great team performance.

Slocombe - 7 - Not a lot to do distribution reasonable.
    Brindley - 7 - Did a good job tends to be a little eratic on the ball but gave little away. Bit sideways especially in the second half.
    Reeves - 7 - Steady controlled and surprisingly versatile.
    Doyle 7 - You don't need him when its this easy and perhaps he should have been rested but he's a fantastic leader.
    Turner 7 - Solid at the back.
    Boldjewin - 7 - Needs confidence. Good finish. Gave his all.
    Wootton 7 0 tireless effort always gives his all and unlucky not to be on the score sheet.
    Rawlinson - 8 - Didn't put a foot wrong.
    Kelly Evans -6- Needlessly booked. He has a bit of the little man thing going on. I don't like him and hope McCrory recovers soon.
    Sam - 8 - Fantastic finish, surprisingly nimble, and just a bit strange. Like him. Faded in the second half.
    Rodrigues - 7 and a bit - Has huge potential. Snatches at things a bit.

Subs

O'brien - 6- ok wont miss him.
    Knowles 7- Not enough time to make an impact made an impact.

Ardley 9 - spot on mate well done.

Knowles is going to be a quality player one day little light weight at the minute but once he matures into a mans body he’s destined for a great career.
    Makes you wonder he joined them as a kid, do we not have a grassroots scouting network far and wide to snatch these players away from the likes of Chesterfield/mansfield etc before they become aware of them?

Quote Originally Posted by WarsopPie View Post
    Knowles is going to be a quality player one day little light weight at the minute but once he matures into a mans body he’s destined for a great career.
    Makes you wonder he joined them as a kid, do we not have a grassroots scouting network far and wide to snatch these players away from the likes of Chesterfield/mansfield etc before they become aware of them?
    If we had him as a youngster, we would now have got rid of him...Like all the others..

More positivity from Durham, standard

At least we signed the right Sam eh?

My debut but this time I am just as qualified as anyone so go easy on me please. I promise I won't do another until I'm finally back in the UK.Ultimately the most impressive thing is not a lot of stand outs but a great team performance.

Slocombe - 7 - Not a lot to do distribution reasonable.
    Brindley - 7 - Did a good job tends to be a little eratic on the ball but gave little away. Bit sideways especially in the second half.
    Reeves - 7 - Steady controlled and surprisingly versatile.
    Doyle 7 - You don't need him when its this easy and perhaps he should have been rested but he's a fantastic leader.
    Turner 7 - Solid at the back.
    Boldjewin - 7 - Needs confidence. Good finish. Gave his all.
    Wootton 7 0 tireless effort always gives his all and unlucky not to be on the score sheet.
    Rawlinson - 8 - Didn't put a foot wrong.
    Kelly Evans -6- Needlessly booked. He has a bit of the little man thing going on. I don't like him and hope McCrory recovers soon.
    Sam - 8 - Fantastic finish, surprisingly nimble, and just a bit strange. Like him. Faded in the second half.
    Rodrigues - 7 and a bit - Has huge potential. Snatches at things a bit.

Subs

O'brien - 6- ok wont miss him.
    Knowles 7- Not enough time to make an impact made an impact.

Ardley 9 - spot on mate well done.
    Agree with a lot of that, but DKE needlessly booked? Their guy was clean through otherwise. That booking was the very definition of taking one for the team.

DKE’s problem is that his left foot is just for standing on. That’s OK most of the time in defence, but a real problem when it comes to putting a cross in when he’s overlapping. Wasted quite a few opportunities last night. That said, I love his attitude and he’s playing out of position.

What I like about RR is that I think there’s still more to come from him. A few times last night, he could have done better in good shooting positions but his efforts were quite tame. The stronger and fitter he becomes, the better he’s going to get.

I would say a 7 or 7.5 for everyone. This was a real team performance where nobody had a poor game, and everyone did their job well. I think the final table will show that we faced limited opposition, but at last we played the way I think we are capable of. The most encouraging thing for me is that we looked to play forwards rather than sideways or backwards. That might be because they were unusual opponents in the sense they didn't set up like many to get ten men behind the ball, but I hope it's because our manager has realised that if we try to attack we look a good team.

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    More positivity from Durham, standard

At least we signed the right Sam eh?
    Well, you tell me what current young (academy)players are in the first team squad. Then you may want to tell me, which young players have been released over the last few seasons and are currently plying their trade in the football league ???

I agree with that. A special mention for Turner though. After a few recent horrors he was rock steady and dominant in the air. Great to see.

Quote Originally Posted by nw6pie View Post
    Agree with a lot of that, but DKE needlessly booked? Their guy was clean through otherwise. That booking was the very definition of taking one for the team.

DKE’s problem is that his left foot is just for standing on. That’s OK most of the time in defence, but a real problem when it comes to putting a cross in when he’s overlapping. Wasted quite a few opportunities last night. That said, I love his attitude and he’s playing out of position.
    Totally agree with this. DKE is a 100% player who gives his all but is never going to be a major attacking threat from the left. Must admit I’m quite surprised to see him starting over Chicksen, who came with a strong rep but hasn’t really got going at all, who is a natural left back. But you know what you’re getting with him at least. Align his desire, ethic and tenacity with Brindley’s natural ability and physical strength and you’d have a very good full back for at least two leagues higher.

Agree with the initial ratings that Rodrigues and Sam were the pick of the bunch in a strong team display where I didn’t think anyone had a bad game, albeit in a game we should be winning as comfortably as we did.

For me Ardley has to stick with 4-2-3-1 now; it’s been the system we’ve used when we’ve played the best 90 mins of the season and the best 45 before that (Barnet H). Really think Rodrigues in particular can be a major force at this level, but needs that system to get the most from him. Also frees up Enzio and Roberts (when fit) to get forward more. Leaving out any of those three to cram O’Brien into a wide/attacking role is madness, in my view.

Fingers crossed we build on this and go with the same approach of getting on the front foot away at Dagenham in midweek.

Quote Originally Posted by freemuzzy View Post
    Totally agree with this. DKE is a 100% player who gives his all but is never going to be a major attacking threat from the left. Must admit I’m quite surprised to see him starting over Chicksen, who came with a strong rep but hasn’t really got going at all, who is a natural left back. But you know what you’re getting with him at least. Align his desire, ethic and tenacity with Brindley’s natural ability and physical strength and you’d have a very good full back for at least two leagues higher.

Agree with the initial ratings that Rodrigues and Sam were the pick of the bunch in a strong team display where I didn’t think anyone had a bad game, albeit in a game we should be winning as comfortably as we did.

For me Ardley has to stick with 4-2-3-1 now; it’s been the system we’ve used when we’ve played the best 90 mins of the season and the best 45 before that (Barnet H). Really think Rodrigues in particular can be a major force at this level, but needs that system to get the most from him. Also frees up Enzio and Roberts (when fit) to get forward more. Leaving out any of those three to cram O’Brien into a wide/attacking role is madness, in my view.

Fingers crossed we build on this and go with the same approach of getting on the front foot away at Dagenham in midweek.
    Chicksen got injured/ill and then went on international duty. I don't think he's fully fit yet but think he'll become the starting left back once he's got rolling

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast