+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Who would be on your January shopping list if funds were made available?

Who would be on your January shopping list if funds were made available?

Within reason and not at all expecting Tony Stewart to bust the bank, I would like to us to approach Sheff Utd for Billy Sharp and to look for a new solid defensive 'Captain type' centre half, to look to replace Woody at the end of the season.

Poor old Billy can't even get in their side at the mo and he's injury free. Wilder must look on him as not good enough to be in front of McBurnie or Brewster who between them have yet to score this season. Yes I know Sharp is at the back end of his career but, he could still do a great job for us in the Championship.

Blades neighbour tells me Sharp's legs have "gone",Brin. I would hope our well feted Recruitment Manager is trawling the reserve continental leagues like other clubs in our division but i very much doubt he looks beyond the UK.

I agree he can still do a job for us, bit like Pitman who is still going although I wouldn’t want him on the shopping list. Trouble is we know we got our fingers burnt with DB so TS is probably wary of going down this route. I’d be looking to bring Kayode back in January.

Quote Originally Posted by pip_y View Post
    I agree he can still do a job for us, bit like Pitman who is still going although I wouldn’t want him on the shopping list. Trouble is we know we got our fingers burnt with DB so TS is probably wary of going down this route. I’d be looking to bring Kayode back in January.
    pip_y, good shout I'd forgot all about this young lad. TS/Warne will be pleased with that and just having to focus on someone to replace Woody.

No names but I’d love a player who mouths on the pitch and brings them forward so maybe a midfielder or another winger come striker

No players we've got our squad quota

Employ somebody to the management team to shake it up and bring fresh ideas

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    No players we've got our squad quota

Employ somebody to the management team to shake it up and bring fresh ideas
    Grist, not if you ship some out first then you can recruit.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Grist, not if you ship some out first then you can recruit.
    Exile one of the family you mean?

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Exile one of the family you mean?
    Indeed...

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Indeed...
    A tough decision

Warne used to be indecisive, now he's not so sure

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast