+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Contacting the FA.

Contacting the FA.

Apparently, we are contacting the FA regarding the decision not to award us a penalty against United. Bilic is under no illusion though as he says that nothing will come of it. I agree, but I feel it is correct to contact the FA and to bring the appalling refereeing and VAR to their attention. The more it is brought to the fore I feel the more chance we might have of getting the 'rub of the green' in future games. Sadly though, not with the 'muppet' in charge of tonight's game!

Quote Originally Posted by Leicesterbaggie View Post
    Apparently, we are contacting the FA regarding the decision not to award us a penalty against United. Bilic is under no illusion though as he says that nothing will come of it. I agree, but I feel it is correct to contact the FA and to bring the appalling refereeing and VAR to their attention. The more it is brought to the fore I feel the more chance we might have of getting the 'rub of the green' in future games. Sadly though, not with the 'muppet' in charge of tonight's game!
    Good to hear and the right thing to do, even if nothing will come out of it!

There is nothing that can be done other than perhaps the referee getting a short spell in the lower divisions. In fairness though, why should those sides be subject to such ineptness!

Apparently only 5 teams have a negative VAR overturn so far - we are among these teams with 3, only ”beaten by” Liverpool on 5.

It was my understanding (probably incorrect) that we were contacting the FA in reference to the foul on Gallagher in the build up to Utd's penalty, and the failure to go back over it with VAR, as opposed to complaining about our non penalty.

Quote Originally Posted by Albionic68 View Post
    It was my understanding (probably incorrect) that we were contacting the FA in reference to the foul on Gallagher in the build up to Utd's penalty, and the failure to go back over it with VAR, as opposed to complaining about our non penalty.
    You could well be correct '68. I just assumed that it was for not giving the penalty. As an aside, Merson was apoplectic about the penalty decision and stated that he was still angry now and how Albion fans must feel, he doesn't know. Is there anybody who didn't think that it was a penalty, except for that referee?

Clear penalty, no doubt in my mind. Also, clear foul in the lead up to their penalty award. Ludicrous to give penalties for that. There is one knob on .com that thinks that the decision to not give us that pen was correct; there’s always one!

You could well be correct '68. I just assumed that it was for not giving the penalty. As an aside, Merson was apoplectic about the penalty decision and stated that he was still angry now and how Albion fans must feel, he doesn't know. Is there anybody who didn't think that it was a penalty, except for that referee?

To be fair, and I am trying my hardest to be here, the referee did give the penalty but was then overruled by VAR. Either way, the way the whole game panned out, on the face of it, it would appear someone somewhere has someone in their pocket. To many errors all in favour of the home side, without pressure/influence of a home crowd, an excuse that is often banded about.

Quote Originally Posted by Baggiemadguern View Post
    To be fair, and I am trying my hardest to be here, the referee did give the penalty but was then overruled by VAR. Either way, the way the whole game panned out, on the face of it, it would appear someone somewhere has someone in their pocket. To many errors all in favour of the home side, without pressure/influence of a home crowd, an excuse that is often banded about.
    I don't think that he was overruled by VAR, he was told to look at it. He still could have awarded the goal but decided against it.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)